Principal Financial Analyst
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to become the default transactional database for the cloud. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
We announced a $188M Series C round at a $1.3B valuation in October 2021, however we very much believe we are still in the early stages of our company’s journey. The transactional database market is estimated to grow from $40B in 2021 to $64B by 2025. Given our database is cloud-native by design, has on-demand horizontal scalability, and allows for geographical distribution of data using built-in replication, we are extremely well-positioned to address the market need for geo-distributed, high-scale, high-performance wordloads.
About the Role
As only the second hire on the finance team, this is a critical role that will help build the foundations of Yugabyte’s FP&A team. You will own the forecasting and budgeting process, assist in long term modeling, and help assist with key financial reporting to our management team and investors. You will also have the opportunity to assist with Sales Ops related projects on an as needed basis.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own our budgeting and forecasting processes, including annual planning
- Build top line forecast models including bookings, revenue, renewals, and churn
- Own the preparation of quarterly reporting packages to our investors
- Play a key role in maintaining our 5-year financial model that drives our management’s strategic decisions
- Work in partnership with the Engineering team to optimize our cloud infrastructure costs
- Work in partnership with the Marketing team to optimize the return of our marketing investments
- Work in partnership with the Accounting team on monthly close process and drive insightful analysis including variance reporting
- Build financial and operational reporting and metric tracking across the organization; including but not limited to renewals and churn reporting, CAC/CLTV analysis, bookings reporting
- Assist in preparation of quarterly board updates and presentations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or comparable quantitative field
- 3-6 years of experience in FP&A or Finance with emphasis on forecasting, analysis, and modeling
- Advanced in Excel and Google Sheets; experience analyzing large data sets and financials
- Strong system skills; including experience with Salesforce and Netsuite
- Self-starter who is excited by new challenges and thrives in a fast past environment
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of a SaaS business model