Senior Director, Finance
Accounting & Finance
Bridgewater, NJ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Director of Finance who will provide financial leadership to the Cellares Operations and Commercialization organizations and lead the building and development of the respective finance teams. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
This individual will partner with the SVP of Operations and EVP of Commercialization to expand Cellares' US and Global footprint and shape effective collaborations with Small to Large Pharma/Biotech partners to manufacture world-class cell therapy products. As such, the role will require proven leadership to drive effective communication, coordination, and collaboration across relevant cross functional groups to ensure robust value creation and timely reporting of financial and operational metrics. This is a multidisciplinary role & this individual will need the ability to interface with all levels of the organization, including Accounting, HR, Legal, R&D, IT, Tech Ops, Quality, as well as external partners and customers.
The successful candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows..
- Lead, direct, coach, and develop an effective finance team responsible for strategic financial leadership, business analysis and reporting
- Provide strategic and finance business partner support to the SVP of Operations and EVP of Commercialization and their staffs
- Oversee the hiring, development, and performance management of staff within Operations and Commercialization Finance
- Responsible for providing sound financial and business recommendations for costing activities, customer agreements, supply chain risk management recommendations, leading long range financial plan and ensure the delivery of short and long term financial commitments via target setting
- Establish critical KPIs, monitor progress and keep critical stakeholders informed of progress including to the Cellares Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Work closely with other functional areas to develop and execute against the strategic plan for all manufacturing sites
- Establish key stakeholder relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field required; MBA, CPA and/or CPA preferred
- 15+ years of progressive financial experience in the healthcare industry with a minimum of 10 years leadership experience required.
- A proven track record influencing and leading organizations, and a comfort providing sound business recommendations to senior leadership is required
- Demonstrated experience in managing commercial manufacturing operations
- Demonstrated startup experience or leading organizations through dramatic growth
- Ability to build strong partnerships and effectively integrate with external collaborators to drive projects/programs forward in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to manage shifting priorities to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic, growing environment, while providing clear direction to team members
- History of developing and building cohesive, high performing teams with a strong sense of mission, providing training and mentoring to build sufficient management depth throughout the organization and ensure strong succession planning
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to lead as a change agent to promote flexibility, creativity, and accountability
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build strong working relationships at all levels within the organization
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
This is Cellares
Cellares is the first Integrated Development and Manufacturing Organization (IDMO) and takes an Industry 4.0 approach to mass manufacturing the living drugs of the 21st century. The company is both developing and operating integrated technologies for cell therapy manufacturing to accelerate access to life-saving cell therapies. The company’s Cell Shuttle integrates all the technologies required for the entire manufacturing process in a flexible and high-throughput platform that delivers true walk-away, end-to-end automation. Cell Shuttles will be deployed in Cellares’ Smart Factories around the world to meet total patient demand for cell therapies at global scale. Partnering with Cellares enables academics, biotechs, and pharma companies to accelerate drug development and scale out manufacturing, lower process failure rates, lower manufacturing costs, and meet global patient demand.
The company is headquartered in South San Francisco, California with its commercial-scale IDMO Smart Factory in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The company is backed by world-class investors and has raised over $355 million in financing.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.