Senior Field Service Engineer
Bridgewater, NJ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Field Service Engineer who will contribute significantly to the success of service maintenance, repair, and supporting Cellares with their equipment.
The primary focus of this position will be to perform installations, repairs, upgrades, and preventative maintenance along with completing installment and onboarding. This is a hands-on position.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Equipment installation, system troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all Cellares equipment/products
- Maximizes system uptime through proactive preventive maintenance
- Provide support of highly technical and/or sophisticated products
- Travel throughout a designated service region (possibly on short notice) to support the company's products
- Ordering and managing repair parts for clients
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service cases and internal service records in a timely manner
- Maintaining daily communications with customers (internal and external) to ensure resolution and proper follow-up
- Document and report the company's product "design reliability" and "maintenance issues" and/or problems to technical support
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated and in good safe working condition
- Adhering to current regulatory and clients requirements to include, but not limited to, OSHA and FDA
- Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service issues
- Other duties include accurate expense reporting and timekeeping
- Bachelor’s degree, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, equivalent military experience or Associates Degree with 5 or more years’ experience in servicing pharmaceutical equipment
- Experience diagnosing and repairing medical, mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic equipment
- Ability to read, understand and successfully follow medium to highly complex work instructions and wiring diagrams
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to concerns
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job and capable of being resourceful, with the ability to work independently
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment
- Good customer relation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth/entrepreneurial mindset
This is Cellares
Cellares is the first Integrated Development and Manufacturing Organization (IDMO) and takes an Industry 4.0 approach to mass manufacturing the living drugs of the 21st century. The company is both developing and operating integrated technologies for cell therapy manufacturing to accelerate access to life-saving cell therapies. The company’s Cell Shuttle integrates all the technologies required for the entire manufacturing process in a flexible and high-throughput platform that delivers true walk-away, end-to-end automation. Cell Shuttles will be deployed in Cellares’ Smart Factories around the world to meet total patient demand for cell therapies at global scale. Partnering with Cellares enables academics, biotechs, and pharma companies to accelerate drug development and scale out manufacturing, lower process failure rates, lower manufacturing costs, and meet global patient demand.
The company is headquartered in South San Francisco, California with its commercial-scale IDMO Smart Factory in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The company is backed by world-class investors and has raised over $355 million in financing.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.