Electrical Engineer / Systems Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Wispr is building a more natural way to interact with technology with neural interfaces. We have an elite team of engineers, product designers, and research scientists building magic.
We've raised 19.6M from top-tier VCs like NEA and 8VC. Our angels and advisors include Chester Chipperfield (product lead for the first Apple Watch), Ben Jones (COO, CTRL-Labs), Dave Gilboa (CEO, Warby Parker), and Jose Carmena (Berkeley professor; co-CEO iota). Our founders are Stanford alums and have previously sold a company and run a team at a deep tech startup with over 100M in funding.
We're hiring in SF Bay Area / Remote.
In this role, you will lead Wispr's consumer hardware design.
Your primary responsibilities will include designing the schematics for the Wispr product, component selection, sensor integration, SoC bring up, power, DFM, reliability, and cost. You will be expected to work closely with the internal Wispr team to iterate quickly with user testing.
We're looking for the someone who's obsessed with getting hard things to work, and tinkers in their free time. Come build magic.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Lead Wispr board design development
- Define HW requirements and design the HW
- Own & develop Wispr board design methodology & infrastructure
- Bring up & Validate design
- Work with Wispr’s vendors and contract manufacturing on component selection, design adjustment and review
- Integrate subsystems and acquisition from multi-modal sensors
- BS / MS in electrical engineering, bioengineering, physics, or related field
- At least 5 years board design experience
- At least 3 years as a lead designer
- Proven experience in delivering consumer electronics devices, with an advantage to wearable devices
- Outstanding team player and communicator
Nice to have
- Deploying multi-disciplinary products to mass production
- MS / PhD in electrical engineering, bioengineering, physics, or related quantitative field
- Hands on experience with flexible electronics
- Hands on experience with biosensing (EMG / EEG / etc)
- Hands on experience with wearables
- Hands on experience with BLE and RF design
- Experience with CAD and simulation tools
- Experience with IMUs & physical sensor systems with calibration
• Do the best work of your life
• Design the next generation of personal computing in a creative, innovative, and collaborative environment.
• Work closely with a world-class team.
• Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best.
For full-time employees:
• Generous health, dental, and vision coverage
• Generous parental leave, unlimited PTO (we encourage taking days off!)
• 401k match
• Commuter benefits
• Relocation assistance
• Total compensation for this position may also include stock options and other potential future incentives
At Wispr, diversity is important to us.
At Wispr, we believe that true innovation starts with people from diverse backgrounds coming together, bridging ideas, and collaborating. Wispr is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.