Data Collection Super Subject
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
Wispr is building a more natural way to interact with technology with neural interfaces. We're building a team of world-class scientists, engineers, and product designers to make that a reality.
So far, we've raised 14.6M from top-tier VCs like NEA and 8VC. Our angels and advisors include Chester Chipperfield (product lead for the first Apple Watch), Ben Jones (COO, CTRL-Labs), Dave Gilboa (CEO, Warby Parker), and Jose Carmena (Berkeley professor; co-CEO iota). Our founders are Stanford alums and have previously sold a company and run a team at a deep tech startup with over 100M in funding.
We're hiring in SF Bay Area / Remote.
We are looking for a highly detail-oriented and organized self-starter to join our team as a Data Collection Super Subject. You will be responsible for collecting and accurately labeling data for our research projects. Our neuroscientists will be available to guide you during your initial data collection and support you throughout.
As a Data Collection Super Subject, you will work at Wispr HQ for data collection. The ideal candidate will be available to run the data collection experiment 20-40 hours a week. The primary task is data collection (one hour on and one hour off) and labeling data during downtime.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collecting data for research projects at Wispr
- Labeling data accurately and consistently during downtime
- Following instructions provided by the research team
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all collected data
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Availability for 5-10 weeks of full-time work per research project
- Willingness to work continuously throughout the year as a contractor is a plus
- Commute to Wispr's Data Collection centers in San Francisco or South San Francisco 5 days a week
Traits we look for
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Good at following instructions
- Strong communication skills
- A self-starter with a desire to learn and grow
- Open to feedback and willing to collaborate
- Engineering / Neuro / Biology backgrounds are a plus
• Design the next generation of personal computing in a creative, innovative, and collaborative environment.
• Work closely with a world-class team.
• Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best.
For full-time employees:
• Generous health, dental, and vision coverage
• Generous parental leave, unlimited PTO (we encourage taking days off!)
• 401k match
• Commuter benefits
• Relocation assistance
• Total compensation for this position may also include stock options and other potential future incentives
At Wispr, diversity is important to us.
At Wispr, we believe that true innovation starts with people from diverse backgrounds coming together, bridging ideas, and collaborating. Wispr is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
See more open positions at Wispr.ai
Something looks off?