0-1 Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Wispr is building a more natural way to interact with technology with neural interfaces. We have an elite team of engineers, product designers, and research scientists building magic.
We've raised 19.6M from top-tier VCs like NEA and 8VC. Our angels and advisors include Chester Chipperfield (product lead for the first Apple Watch), Ben Jones (COO, CTRL-Labs), Dave Gilboa (CEO, Warby Parker), and Jose Carmena (Berkeley professor; co-CEO iota). Our founders are Stanford alums and have previously sold a company and run a team at a deep tech startup with over 100M in funding.
We're hiring in SF Bay Area / Remote.
As a software engineer at Wispr, you'll build the software platform for the next generation of consumer electronics. You'll be working across the stack (frontend, backend, mobile, occasional dev-ops). Hard requirement: Send us your best personal projects.
We value being action-biased and a hacker mindset to build things quickly. We use the best and latest tools to get the job done. We maintain beautifully organized codebases with minimal technical debt. We work with a pragmatic outlook at the frontiers of technology, bringing it to the hands of millions of people. If that interests you, drop us a note.
Let's build magic.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Build Wispr's software platform across devices
- Iterate fast with user feedback to build sticky experiences
- Setup best engineering practices (testing, abstractions, design docs)
- Build software for the latest Wispr hardware as it rolls off the press
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Built full-stack personal projects or contributed to open source (send your best)
- Care towards code quality and UX
- MS or BS in computer science or related engineering field
- Proficient in Python, React, AWS (or equivalent)
- Strong programming practices and high-throughput of code across the stack
- Outstanding team player and communicator
Nice to have Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Low level systems hacking experience, parallel programming experience
- Experience working on data pipelines for ML
- Experience with audio, bio-signals, or NLP
- Experience with data science, visualizations, and ML
• Do the best work of your life
• Design the next generation of personal computing in a creative, innovative, and collaborative environment.
• Work closely with a world-class team.
• Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best.
For full-time employees:
• Generous health, dental, and vision coverage
• Generous parental leave, unlimited PTO (we encourage taking days off!)
• 401k match
• Commuter benefits
• Relocation assistance
• Total compensation for this position may also include stock options and other potential future incentives
At Wispr, diversity is important to us.
At Wispr, we believe that true innovation starts with people from diverse backgrounds coming together, bridging ideas, and collaborating. Wispr is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.