New Grad Software Engineer (2023)
Vontive builds technology that is transforming real-estate investment finance, a $2 trillion market. We provide liquidity to homebuilders, investors buying and renovation properties, and landlords. Our mortgages close 80% faster than bank loans and offer the same competitive pricing. The company was founded in 2017 by Freddie Mac and Palantir Technologies alumni and is backed by prominent venture capital firms.
Our engineering team builds technology that is a completely unique embedded financing solution, empowering any company to offer investment mortgages and B2B2C connectivity between lenders, their customers, and the capital markets. If you join our team, you will work on industry-transforming products, including:
- Product pricing engine to provide users with terms, rates, and offers
- Automated underwriting to qualify loan applications and streamline loan closing
- Automated document generation, packaging, and partner SFTP management systems
- Integrations with 3rd-party systems to gather property, credit, and background check information
- End-user interfaces for real estate investors, financial institutions, and underwriters
- Capital-market APIs and financial-institution integrations for loan sales and securitizations
Our stack is based around Vue.js/Vuetify, Typescript, Node.js/Express, PostgreSQL, AWS Lambda. You can check out the full set of the tools we use: https://stackshare.io/vontive/core
Please note: While we are open to candidates being permanently remote, we strongly prefer candidates in Seattle, WA, or San Francisco, CA.
What We Look For:
- Pursuing a degree in computer science or similar fields with an expected graduation date of Spring/Summer 2023
- Prior internship experience in software development, and having shipped production systems as part of a team
- History of personal coding projects, or past experience on production web applications
- Motivation, ability to learn, and technical competence
We provide this list in order to give you an idea of what we’re looking for. We’d still like to hear from you even if you’re missing a few of the criteria.
Our benefits are designed for your total wellbeing and include:
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Monthly fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Healthy snacks, beverages and meals at the office
- Remote-friendly work environment during COVID-19
- Your choice of equipment, ergonomic setup
- Company-sponsored events and volunteering opportunities
- Flexible hours, unlimited vacation
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Meaningful equity and 401(k) plan
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance policy
At Vontive, you will find a team committed to diversity, inclusion, and values of:
- Take Initiative: We should feel empowered to experiment, build and solve problems proactively
- Assume Best Intent: We believe that our peers are working to the best of their ability with the resources and information they have at their disposal
- Feedback: Whether it’s coming from our customers or our colleagues, we listen, empathize, and act quickly. When delivering feedback we do it with compassion and recognize that there are different ways to approach a problem.
- Strive for Simplicity: When taking on problems, we always ask ourselves if they can be broken down further. By tackling one thing at a time, we’re able to produce a cleaner product, avoid distractions and deliver desired outcomes..
- Build Two Way Doors: We solve our problems by committing to easily reversible solutions allowing for quick experimentation and iteration if need be.
- Drive Clarity: We don’t assume everybody has the necessary context or knowledge to act. We strive to proactively push information and encourage others to ask questions.
Vontive is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Due to the threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we require that newly-hired employees for this position be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons and/or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Something looks off?