Senior Accountant (Contract)
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Ushur is transforming the way enterprises communicate and engage with customers. Fueled by consumer’s self-service demands, enterprises are modernizing customer engagement and experience models. Ushur is fast becoming the platform of choice for Customer Experience Automation™, enabling these enterprises to leapfrog their digital native counterparts and deliver delightful customer and employee experiences. With cutting-edge Conversational AI, Machine Learning and Intelligent Process Automation technologies, Ushur has enabled Fortune 100 enterprises including some of the world’s most well known brands in healthcare, insurance, banking and financial services sectors to automate their customer engagement. Cloud-native, 100% no-code and purely workflow-driven, Ushur empowers citizen developers within business operations teams to build AI-powered, fully-automated and omni-channel experience to digitally transform customer journeys end-to-end.
About the role
Ushur is currently seeking a skilled Contract Senior Accountant to join our team on a temporary basis for a duration of 3-6 months. The primary focus of this role will be to assist with our annual audit, tax and revenue reconciliation, and payroll processes. The ideal candidate will have uncompromising attention to detail, a positive, proactive, team-focused attitude and strong sense of ownership. This position reports to the Controller and requires onsite presence in the Bay Area three days a week.
- Conduct detailed financial analysis and assist in the preparation of financial statements for the annual audit.
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather necessary financial data and documentation for audit purposes.
- Assist in reconciling revenue records to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Process payroll accurately and in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with payroll regulations and company policies. This includes calculating wages, preparing payroll reports, and handling payroll inquiries.
- Reconcile 401(k) accounts and ensure accurate contribution records in coordination with the HR department.
- Work closely with our tax consultants to provide necessary financial information for tax filing purposes.
- Perform regular reconciliations of payroll records to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Provide support to the finance team on ad-hoc projects and tasks as needed.
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting, specifically in audit, tax, revenue reconciliation, and payroll.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in accounting software such as QuickBooks and NetSuite
- Proficiency in Rippling, Sequoia, and Empower highly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves on having a values-based culture that is welcoming, intentional, and respectful. Our internal NPS of over 65 speaks for itself - employees recommend Ushur as a great place to work!
Bring your whole self to work. We are focused on building a diverse culture, with innovative ideas where you and your ideas are valued. We are a start-up and know that every person has a significant impact!