Director/Senior Director, People
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2023
Ushur is transforming the way enterprises communicate and engage with customers. Fueled by consumer’s self-service demands, enterprises are modernizing customer engagement and experience models. Ushur is fast becoming the platform of choice for Customer Experience Automation™, enabling these enterprises to leapfrog their digital native counterparts and deliver delightful customer and employee experiences. With cutting-edge Conversational AI, Machine Learning and Intelligent Process Automation technologies, Ushur has enabled Fortune 100 enterprises including some of the world’s most well known brands in healthcare, insurance, banking and financial services sectors to automate their customer engagement. Cloud-native, 100% no-code and purely workflow-driven, Ushur empowers citizen developers within business operations teams to build AI-powered, fully-automated and omni-channel experience to digitally transform customer journeys end-to-end.
As the Head of Human Resources, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing HR functions and strategies that support the company’s growth trajectory. This role offers a seat at the decision-making table, allowing you to influence and drive the HR agenda. You will lead a global team in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition to ensure HR practices align with business goals and values. This role serves as a key partner to C-suite leaders and operators, their respective teams, and the People leadership team. They function as a true business partner, consulting and working closely with key stakeholders to ensure talent capabilities drive and support business objectives. They are also responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Employee Relations: Lead efforts to foster a positive work environment by addressing employee concerns, managing conflicts, and ensuring fair and consistent application of company policies and procedures.
- Performance Management: Establish and manage performance management processes, including goal setting, performance evaluations, feedback mechanisms, and professional development plans. Ensure that performance standards are consistent and fair across the organization. This will include identifying training needs and designing and administering programs to bridge the training gaps.
- Organizational Development: Collaborate with department heads to identify and address organizational development needs. Design and implement initiatives to enhance team dynamics, communication, and collaboration across the organization.
- Compensation and Benefits: Oversee the development and management of compensation and benefits programs that attract and retain top talent while ensuring market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Stay up-to-date with labor laws, regulations, and industry trends. Ensure HR practices, policies, and procedures comply with relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- HR Analytics: Utilize HR data and analytics to make informed decisions and recommendations for improving HR processes, identifying trends, and driving data-driven insights.
- Change Management: Lead and support organizational change initiatives, guiding employees through transitions and ensuring effective change management strategies are in place.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, fostering an inclusive workplace culture where all employees feel valued and respected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in a progressive, fast-paced, forward-thinking organization(s), with 5 years in a Director/Senior Director-level position
- Experienced Director/Senior Director of People at a high-growth, early-stage tech company, preferably in SaaS or other highly regulated industries
- Experience with culture-building in a growing startup
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP certification desired
- Extensive knowledge of HR Compliance issues (Affirmative Action, EEOC, FLSA etc.) required
Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves on having a values-based culture that is welcoming, intentional, and respectful. Our internal NPS of over 65 speaks for itself - employees recommend Ushur as a great place to work!
Bring your whole self to work. We are focused on building a diverse culture, with innovative ideas where you and your ideas are valued. We are a start-up and know that every person has a significant impact!
Rest and Relaxation. Unlimited PTO, once-a-month wellness Fridays (aka a day off to care for yourself), 11 paid holidays, and more!
Health Benefits. Comprehensive health, dental, and vision. We offer a variety of plans to meet the needs of you and your loved ones.
We care about your Future. 401(k) platform so you can contribute and generous stock options.
Keep learning. One of our core values is Growth Mindset - we believe in lifelong learning. Whether you are a previous student, or currently enrolled in higher education, we can help cover some of those expenses and support your ongoing development and career growth.
Flexible Work. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location. We seek to create an environment for all of our employees where they can thrive in both their professional and personal lives.