UX Design Intern
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Ushur is transforming the way enterprises communicate and engage with customers. Fueled by consumer’s self-service demands, enterprises are modernizing customer engagement and experience models. Ushur is fast becoming the platform of choice for Customer Experience Automation™, enabling these enterprises to leapfrog their digital native counterparts and deliver delightful customer and employee experiences. With cutting-edge Conversational AI, Machine Learning and Intelligent Process Automation technologies, Ushur has enabled Fortune 100 enterprises including some of the world’s most well known brands in healthcare, insurance, banking and financial services sectors to automate their customer engagement. Cloud-native, 100% no-code and purely workflow-driven, Ushur empowers citizen developers within business operations teams to build AI-powered, fully-automated and omni-channel experience to digitally transform customer journeys end-to-end.
About the role
This is a 12-week paid hybrid internship. The intern must be present in the office for three days a week. Salary will be based on prior work and educational experience. The ideal candidate must be available to work 8-hour shifts/5 days a week, ideally in the summer timeframe. The candidate will be working on a variety of projects with the PX team.
- Work closely with the design team to create and iterate on user interface designs, ensuring a high level of quality and consistency across all products.
- Conduct user research, analyze user behavior, and develop user personas to inform design decisions.
- Ideate and create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs using Figma.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to deliver successful design solutions.
- Participate in design critiques and contribute to the design team's knowledge base.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest design trends, tools, and techniques.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a relevant degree program, such as Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- A passion for design and solving complex problems.
- Experience driving user research activities, such as conducting user interviews, creating surveys, and analyzing data to inform design decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to design new products or features from scratch and document the entire design process in a portfolio.
- Previous experience working on a product team, either in a professional or personal capacity, even if the product was not for commercial use.
- Strong design skills and a solid understanding of the design process.
- Experience using design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
- Familiarity with user research methodologies and usability testing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- A portfolio showcasing design work that demonstrates a strong visual design sense and problem-solving skills.
Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves on having a values based culture that is welcoming, intentional, and respectful. Our internal NPS of over 65 speaks for itself - employees recommend Ushur as a great place to work!
Bring your whole self to work. We are focused on building a diverse culture, with innovative ideas where you and your ideas are valued. We are a start up and know that every person has a significant impact!
Keep learning. One of our core values is Growth Mindset - we believe in lifelong learning. Whether you are a previous student, or currently enrolled in higher education, we can help cover some of those expenses and support your ongoing development and career growth.
Flexible Work. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location. We seek to create an environment for all of our employees where they can thrive in both their profession and personal life.
See more open positions at Ushur
Something looks off?