Deal Desk Lead
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Twingate is building a modern remote access solution that simplifies and improves the way businesses secure access to their cloud, SaaS, and on-prem resources. Twingate is backed by leading investors such as BOND, WndrCo, 8VC, Green Bay Ventures, SignalFire, and Dropbox founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. Our investors share our belief that in a world where workforces are becoming increasingly distributed, it is critical to be able to effectively secure access to apps, data, and environments.
As part of our company culture, our belief in putting the customer first permeates our thinking in everything from our customer communications to the design process behind the product itself. If you take pride in creating experiences with the customer firmly at the center of the picture, we'd love to work with you.
We are looking for a Deal Desk Lead to join our Finance team to support a high growth, fast paced go-to-market (GTM) organization. You will sit at the intersection of our GTM and G&A functions and will be responsible for managing deal desk flow, operations analysis, and ensuring accurate reporting across all of our systems. Strong candidates will blend finance, accounting and legal acumen as well as general strong business judgement. We’re looking for an individual who is solutions oriented, has strong interpersonal skills, exceptional attention to detail and has experience working with large data sets.
- You sit at the intersection of Sales, Legal, Finance, and Accounting, acting as a strategic advisor, managing deal flow and driving sustainable growth while minimizing sales cycle times
- Work collaboratively with cross functional leadership (incl. Sales, Customer Success, Legal, Finance, and Executives) to help to build and maintain scalable commercial processes and execute on deal requests initiated by our GTM teams
- Responsible for ensuring that Sales and contract data is accurate in SFDC and other systems, partnering with cross-functional teams to reconcile downstream processes and reporting
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of all revenue impacting metrics and data consistency across our systems. Develop processes to automate audits, data validation, and workflows
- Establish and maintain a user-friendly method of sharing weekly/monthly revenue metrics with Finance Leadership
- Play a key role in scaling the Deal Desk operation in line with Twingate’s growth in customers, products, and contractual complexity. Develop strategies and processes to manage an increasing volume of transactions efficiently
- Partner closely with internal teams to help manage contracting workflows and ensure contract hygiene and compliance through cross-functional partnerships by preparing and conducting meticulous reviews of order forms (to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with company policies and legal standards)
- Test and implement new applications and workflows to drive automation
- Collaborate with GTM in managing and maintaining usage estimates and forecasts to remain compliant with ASC 606
- Support Sales with pricing models, increase deal velocity and improve margins
- Contribute insight to process improvement, efficiencies and automation to Salesforce CRM and CPQ
- Partner with Legal & Accounting teams to document non-standard terms and review or address revenue recognition concerns for non-standard deal structures
- 3+ years of experience in SaaS/B2B industry, specifically with order management, finance operations, deal desk, or sales operations
- Strong understanding of order-to-cash cycle and experience in building related processes
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience working with contracting systems, payment processors, and CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce, Chargebee, Stripe, DocuSign, QuickBooks)
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, particularly with Excel, Google Docs, and Google Slides, and ability to work with large datasets
- Highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about continuous improvements
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workloads, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Track record of improving processes, SLAs, and contributing to systematic automation
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and processes, ensuring team enablement
Twingate is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to Twingate’s success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.