(Senior) Manufacturing Engineer - Mechanical
Join the Trackonomy Team!
Want to be part of the next hyper-growth IoT story in Silicon Valley? Our seasoned leadership team has successfully grown the company 100x in four years while securing top VC investors like Kleiner Perkin and 8VC. We have paying customers and are rapidly scaling in the United States and Internationally. Are you looking for a high-energy, fast-paced, team-oriented environment that challenges your talents daily with cutting-edge technologies that solve global problems across multiple markets? Join the Trackonomy Team; we offer opportunities to talented professionals covering all engineering disciplines while creating unique opportunities for career growth.
Trackonomy aims to make people and organizations more productive through our next-generation operating system for the connected world. Our unique diversity of technologies allows us to create building blocks and vertically integrated, configurable platforms that enable our customers to drive digital transformation throughout their organization. We have a successful track record of leading initiatives at multibillion-dollar businesses in the Logistics, Industrial, Healthcare, Homeland Security spaces, and more. Despite being in strategic stealth mode, our solutions have been on ABC, CNBC, CNN, FOX, and even featured during US Senate hearings. In 2019 we joined Airbnb, Google, and Twitter as a recipient of the prestigious World Economic Forum Pioneer Award! We have raised over $250 million from top investors, including Kleiner Perkins and 8VC. Trackonomy is headquartered in San Jose, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
We are looking for an energetic, hands-on and ingenious Manufacturing Engineer who thrives on constant change, bases decisions on data and root cause analysis, and has an excellent understanding of tolerances and their impact on mass production and yield, as well as is eager to apply his experience on lean and green belt tools and principles.
A results-oriented and dedicated personality with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities,
that shows deep understanding of the development cycle as a process and as a discipline – the ability to drive first principles and maintain focus on goals during constant change, learning, and new analysis.
The candidate should be able to analyze, recommend, and revise corrective actions in case of any design failure on product, tooling, fixturing, and process with a preventive and corrective mindset.
This is a full-time onsite role with travel availability.
- BS/MS Engineering degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing in roles that involve product design and development and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Lean six sigma certification or training desired.
- Develop product test plans and perform production tests according to manufacturing process instructions.
- Provide DFM/DFA feedback based on early prototype builds to achieve consistent manufacturable processes.
- Lead the transfer of design changes from design engineering to manufacturing.
- Hands on knowledge of creating process flowcharts, PFMEA & Process Control plans.
- Continuously work to improve manufacturing methods, efficiency and product quality.
- Design or revise full products or specific features and processes to improve manufacturing and document via technical drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with mechanical and electro-mechanical components.
- Prepare plans for both NPI project transfer and product revisions, coordinate with all stakeholders, and ensure a good quality product.
- Monitor the status of all new products and ensure effective execution of projects according to required policies and procedures.
- Provide root cause analysis and recommend corrective actions to address manufacturing issues.
- Reviews production equipment, hardware, and tooling; makes recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control and its tools such as Gauge R&R, DOE, etc.
- Experience in tolerance gap analysis.
- Experienced in Solidworks for modeling, static and dynamic simulation.
- Other duties related to the above may be required.
The following experience will increase your chance of moving forward in the process:
- Knowledge of plastics (PET, polycarbonate) and adhesives (PSA, Epoxy, etc.)
- Knowledge of wireless protocols and hardware (BLE, Lora, Cell, etc.)
- Experience with Python programming
- Mathematical modeling of mechanisms
- Experience with Controls Engineering or Controls Hardware
- Ability to use Ecad tools (Altium, Eagle, Kicad)
- Proficiency in Spanish
Why Trackonomy Systems is a Great Place to work:
Culture and Belonging: Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you help build. You will be a role model and live our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Perks: Trackonomy Systems understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. We offer Platinum level Health benefits, Flexible and Health Savings Accounts, Commuter benefits, and an Employee Assistance Program. We also understand you are planning for the future, so we offer a Pre-IPO equity and a 401k plan.
Career Growth: Trackonomy Systems is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
The salary range for this role is $120,000 to $250,000, plus bonuses and Pre-IPO equity. It is uncommon for anyone to be hired at or near the top range for their role, and final compensation is based on the facts and circumstances of the case. The compensation range is broad because it reflects many factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience, and training directly relevant to the role, business and company needs, cultural fit, level, and location.
Trackonomy Systems is proud to ensure equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, genetic information, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
We strive to provide a stellar experience throughout the application process and ensure all applicants will be given proper consideration based solely on merit and Trackonomy’s business needs.
Trackonomy Systems is dedicated to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability while interviewing, please contact email@example.com.
Something looks off?