Staff Embedded Firmware Engineer
Title: Staff Embedded Firmware Engineer
Job duties: Trackonomy Systems, Inc. in San Jose, CA is seeking a Staff Embedded Firmware Engineer to design the company’s software architecture.
Job responsibilities and duties include:
Design software architecture and end-to-end system firmware to include power management, boot loaders, scheduling, RTOS, and bare-metal implementations.
Assist in software design, hardware design, and code reviews while assisting other developers on technical issues, design choices, and decision making.
Support research, investigation, and prototyping of new hardware and firmware for next generation products.
Help drive the overall strategy and goals of the firmware and software team.
Participate in the testing, debugging, and validation of new and existing firmware to ensure highest quality.
Work closely with mechanical design, manufacturing and supply chain to design and support software to bring the product into mass production.
Support hardware bring-up including low level debug of board and SoC.
Collaborate with internal/external engineering teams to architect and review production ready firmware for real use case applications.
This position will have at least 4-5 direct reports including: Senior Firmware Engineers and Senior Hardware Engineers.
Minimum Requirements & Skills:
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or any related Engineering or IT field of study, plus at least 1 year of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s).
Qualified candidates must also have demonstrable knowledge, experience, skill, and proficiency with the following:
- Programming languages including: C, C++, Assembly language, and Python.
- Software tools including at least one of the following: MATLAB, Code composer studio, or Segger Embedded Studio.
- Microcontrollers and Microprocessors including: ARM Cortex M4F, TI MSP430, 8051, Intel 8086, ARM7 TDMI and Nordic Chipset.
- Protocols: UART, I2C, CAN, SPI, TCP/IP, UDP, JTAG
- DMA Technologies: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, 4G LTE and WLAN.
No travel required. Work from Home (WFH) available.
- Job Site: 214 Devcon Drive, San Jose, CA 95112
- No calls or emails. EOE.
- Salary: $126464 per year.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Something looks off?