[NextJS] Software Engineer (Senior)
Join the Trackonomy Team!
Want to be part of the next hyper-growth IoT story in Silicon Valley? Our seasoned leadership team has successfully grown the company 100x in four years while securing top VC investors like Kleiner Perkin and 8VC. We have paying customers and are rapidly scaling in the United States and Internationally. Are you looking for a high-energy, fast-paced, team-oriented environment that challenges your talents daily with cutting-edge technologies that solve global problems across multiple markets? Join the Trackonomy Team; we offer opportunities to talented professionals covering all engineering disciplines while creating unique opportunities for career growth.
Trackonomy aims to make people and organizations more productive through our next-generation operating system for the connected world. Our unique diversity of technologies allows us to create building blocks and vertically integrated, configurable platforms that enable our customers to drive digital transformation throughout their organization. We have a successful track record of leading initiatives at multibillion-dollar businesses in the Logistics, Industrial, Healthcare, Homeland Security spaces, and more. Despite being in strategic stealth mode, our solutions have been on ABC, CNBC, CNN, FOX, and even featured during US Senate hearings. In 2019 we joined AirBnB, Google, and Twitter as a recipient of the prestigious World Economic Forum Pioneer Award! We have raised over $250 million from top investors, including Kleiner Perkins and 8VC. Trackonomy is headquartered in San Jose, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
As a SaaS full-stack Software Developer, you play a critical role in designing and implementing a suite of services that focus on user experience, performance, AI/ML, real-time events, and data processing. As a full-stack developer, you not only follow best practices, standards, and processes employed by the team but feel comfortable contributing to them as well. You will be a role model and live our Vision, Mission, and Values.
This is a full-time onsite role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, & test the SW solution using applicable tools for IoT based system
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with the engineering and product teams, contribute to the definition of specifications for new features, and own the development of those features
- Define and implement web services and the application backend microservices
- Implement and/or assist with the web UI/UX development
- Guide the team regarding constraints and best practices in a web platform environment
- Proactively identify and solve bottlenecks, fix bugs and performance issues
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Ensure testing strategy is followed within the team
- Support the services you build in production
- Bachelors in Computer science or related engineering
- 3+ experience with developing REST Web Services solutions using NodeJS,ExpressJS, or TypeScript.
- 1+ years of Relational or NoSQL database systems experience.
- 1+ years of frontend experience with ReactJS or NextJS
- 1+ years of experience with Linux/Unix OS
- 1+ years of experience with Azure or AWS Services
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and docker-compose, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, CI/CD (Jenkins and GitLab CI)
- You have strong communication skills with a great winning attitude.
- You enjoy rapid iteration and working closely with Product Management and a Design Team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with individuals across the organization
- You are a self-starter that is naturally inquisitive, requiring only small pieces to the puzzle across many technologies, new and legacy
- You are a systems thinker, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detail-oriented implementation; approaches, and possess the technical ability to implement your ideas
- MS Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with EventHubs, ServiceBus, or Scalable Messaging platform (KAKFA preferred)
- Experience with IoT and Distributed Systems
- Experience with Design Patterns like Singleton, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Agile development frameworks
Why it's great to work here:
Culture and Belonging: Our company’s culture isn’t something you join; it’s something you help build. You will be a role model and live our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Perks: Trackonomy Systems understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy, and productive work environment. We offer Platinum level Health benefits, Flexible and Health Savings Accounts, Commuter benefits, and an Employee Assistance Program. For your future, we also offer Pre-IPO equity and a 401k plan.
Career Growth: Trackonomy Systems is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, and learning and development opportunities, whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain a breadth of knowledge and experience.
The salary range for this role is $112,065 to $250,000, plus bonuses and Pre-IPO equity. It is uncommon for anyone to be hired at or near the top range for their role, and final compensation is based on the facts and circumstances of the case. The compensation range is broad because it reflects many factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience, and training directly relevant to the role, business and company needs, cultural fit, level, and location.
Trackonomy Systems is proud to ensure equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, genetic information, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
We strive to provide a stellar experience throughout the application process and ensure all applicants will be given proper consideration based solely on merit and Trackonomy’s business needs.
Trackonomy Systems is dedicated to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability while interviewing, please contact email@example.com.
Something looks off?