Systems Engineer New Grad
Join the Trackonomy Team!
Want to be part of the next hyper growth IoT story out of Silicon Valley? Our seasoned leadership team has successfully grown the company 100x in four years while securing top VC investors like Kleiner Perkin and 8VC. We have paying customers and are rapidly scaling in the United States and Internationally. Are you looking for a high-energy, fast-paced, team-oriented environment that challenges your talents daily with cutting edge technologies that solves global problems across multiple markets? Join the Trackonomy Team, we offer opportunities to talented professionals covering all engineering disciplines while creating unique opportunities for career growth.
Trackonomy aims to make people and organizations more productive through our next generation operating system for the connected world. Our unique diversity of technologies allows us to create building blocks and vertically integrated, configurable platforms that enable our customers to drive digital transformation throughout their organization. We have a successful track record of leading initiatives at multibillion-dollar businesses in the Logistics, Industrial, Healthcare, Homeland Security spaces and more. Despite being in strategic stealth mode, our solutions have been on ABC, CNBC, CNN, FOX and even featured during US senate hearings. In 2019 we joined AirBnB, Google and Twitter as a recipient of the prestigious World Economic Forum Pioneer Award! We have raised over $250 million from top investors including Kleiner Perkins and 8VC. Trackonomy is headquartered in San Jose, California in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in system architecture design and component selection: partner with electrical engineers in selecting components based on system and customer needs, prototyping for in-house and beta customer use.
- Bring up new hardware platforms: configuring I/O, debugging interfaces such as SPI, I2C, UART, CAN and ADC, testing connectivity, validating the design and debugging system initialization.
- Implement peripheral drivers, secure bootloaders and device firmware updates, core management layers (power manager, connectivity manager, etc).
- Design protocols and implement efficient hardware management to optimize the energy consumption of battery-powered sensors and gateways.
- Work cross-functionally with different stakeholders across product, full-stack, and quality teams to deliver reliable high-quality embedded software.
- Champion, role model, and embed Trackonomy's cultural principles as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Solid C programming skills
- At least 1+ years of experience working in bare metal and RTOS based systems
- Experience developing, debugging, and testing
- Be excited about sensors, connectivity protocols, distributed systems, and their application to solving real-world problems
- Skills and interests in working with core technologies such as BLE, CAN, LTE Cat-M1 or GPS
- Hands-on debugging skills with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, RF and network simulators
- Thrive in an environment that requires rapid deployment and product iteration based on customer feedback while focusing on automated testing and code quality
- Evaluate how decisions at each layer of the stack affect other layers and the customer experience
Why Trackonomy Systems is a Great Place to work:
Culture and Belonging: Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you help build. You will be a role model and live our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Perks: Trackonomy Systems understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. We offer Platinum level Health benefits, Flexible and Health Savings Accounts, Commuter benefits, and an Employee Assistance Program. We also understand you are planning for the future, so we offer a Pre-IPO equity and a 401k plan.
Career Growth: Trackonomy Systems is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
The salary range for this role is $112,065 to $250,000, plus bonuses and Pre-IPO equity. It is uncommon for anyone to be hired at or near the top range for their role, and final compensation is based on the facts and circumstances of the case. The compensation range is broad because it reflects many factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience, and training directly relevant to the role, business and company needs, cultural fit, level, and location.
Trackonomy Systems is proud to ensure equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, genetic information, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
We strive to provide a stellar experience throughout the application process and ensure all applicants will be given proper consideration based solely on merit and Trackonomy’s business needs.
Trackonomy Systems is dedicated to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability while interviewing, please contact [email protected].