Senior Firmware Engineer
Join the Trackonomy Team!
Want to be part of the next hyper growth IoT story out of Silicon Valley? Our seasoned leadership team has successfully grown the company 100x in four years while securing top VC investors like Kleiner Perkin and 8VC. We have paying customers and are rapidly scaling in the United States and Internationally. Are you looking for a high-energy, fast-paced, team-oriented environment that challenges your talents daily with cutting edge technologies that solves global problems across multiple markets? Join the Trackonomy Team, we offer opportunities to talented professionals covering all engineering disciplines while creating unique opportunities for career growth.
Trackonomy aims to make people and organizations more productive through our next generation operating system for the connected world. Our unique diversity of technologies allows us to create building blocks and vertically integrated, configurable platforms that enable our customers to drive digital transformation throughout their organization. We have a successful track record of leading initiatives at multibillion-dollar businesses in the Logistics, Industrial, Healthcare, Homeland Security spaces and more. Despite being in strategic stealth mode, our solutions have been on ABC, CNBC, CNN, FOX and even featured during US senate hearings. In 2019 we joined AirBnB, Google and Twitter as a recipient of the prestigious World Economic Forum Pioneer Award! We have raised over $250 million from top investors including Kleiner Perkins and 8VC. Trackonomy is headquartered in San Jose, California in the heart of Silicon Valley.
You will be a core engineer of our early stage team. We work on everything from machine learning, to security, to high performance computing, to IoT devices, to dynamic web apps, etc. Don’t be surprised if you get to touch every system while you work here, often teaming up with other team members on critical work.
Candidates must be comfortable working with microcontrollers and low-level hardware control in a test-driven development environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with wireless communications modules, IoT technologies, RF protocols and have great troubleshooting and prototyping skills.
This is a full time onsite role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary engineer responsible for embedded system firmware design, development, debugging, integration, and maintenance for new designs and legacy products
- Independently create firmware architecture and design
- Establish/apply software engineering best practices & create write well-crafted, well-commented, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Collaborate with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and optimize interfaces between hardware & firmware, and performance requirements
- Create design documentations, conduct design reviews, and code reviews
- Hands-on system debugging, and code optimization
Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years of embedded code experience, embedded systems firmware development role with emphasis on C/C++
- Bachelors/Masters of Electronics Engineering
- Experience working with Microcontrollers such as STM32, NORDIC, ATMEL, and PIC
- Familiarity with USB, I2C, SPI, TCP/IP, BLE, UART, RS232, RS485 etc.
- Experience with firmware development, testing, and system level bringup and debugging
- Experience in conducting bench modifications and fast development of hardware / firmware prototypes
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Team player, be capable of sharing knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within an organization
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Experience with IoT systems and wireless/wired communication protocols
- Knowledge about cellular protocols and industrial electronics wireless devices
- Knowledge about firmware development best practices including proper testing, documentation, debugging and code review.
- Experience developing bootloaders and firmware over the air update
- Experience with Nordic (or similar) Semiconductor platforms
- Experience with low power embedded devices
- Experience on evolving embedded sensor technologies and networks
- Experience with microcontrollers and driver development for embedded peripherals
- Knowing Android system, Linux kernel, device driver is a plus
Why Trackonomy Systems is a Great Place to work:
Culture and Belonging: Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you help build. You will be a role model and live our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Perks: Trackonomy Systems understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. We offer Platinum level Health benefits, Flexible and Health Savings Accounts, Commuter benefits, and an Employee Assistance Program. We also understand you are planning for the future, so we offer a Pre-IPO equity and a 401k plan.
Career Growth: Trackonomy Systems is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
The salary range for this role is $120,000 to $250,000, plus bonuses and Pre-IPO equity. It is uncommon for anyone to be hired at or near the top range for their role, and final compensation is based on the facts and circumstances of the case. The compensation range is broad because it reflects many factors, including but not limited to skill sets, experience, and training directly relevant to the role, business and company needs, cultural fit, level, and location.
Trackonomy Systems is proud to ensure equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, genetic information, marital or registered domestic partnership status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
We strive to provide a stellar experience throughout the application process and ensure all applicants will be given proper consideration based solely on merit and Trackonomy’s business needs.
Trackonomy Systems is dedicated to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability while interviewing, please contact [email protected].