San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Lead Designer Role
As a Lead Designer at Hive, you will be responsible for overseeing all UI/UX design processes and ensuring that projects are being executed both excellently and efficiently. You are a natural when it comes to all things creative and you're obsessed with designing in a consumer-centered way. You will work closely with the product team to conceptualize and execute on designs to solve problems for our products. You are a talented designer who consistently delivers visuals and interactions of highest quality on timelines that would be unrealistic for many others. You take pride in your creative vision, execution and communication skills. You are a strong individual contributor, but also a team player.
- Effectively manage a team of designers and provide creative direction and input on all design-related projects and functions
- Translate complex concepts and interactions into visually coherent wireframes and prototypes
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- 3+ years of UI/UX design experience
- You have a proven ability to work long workweeks when needed
- You have demonstrated success in a competitive environment
- You are highly self-motivated and ambitious in achieving goals
- Strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- You’re driven. No one needs to push you to excel; that’s just who you are
- You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $90,000 - $160,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.