Growth Marketing Lead
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Growth Marketing Lead Role
Hive is looking for an experienced manager to own and scale the Growth Marketing function, reporting directly to the VP of Marketing and working closely with the broader executive team. As the lead of this critical but nascent practice, you will both be setting the top level acquisition strategy and be in accounts building and optimizing campaigns to accelerate Hive’s growth. This will be an individual contributor role to start, but we expect this person to hire and lead a team of 1-2 growth marketing specialists by the end of their first year.
- Own the strategy, development, and optimization of growth marketing campaigns across paid and organic channels to generate awareness and high quality leads for Hive’s best-in-class AI solutions
- Collaborate across a network of internal (product, sales, design) and external (Ad reps) partners to align strategy, tactics, and goals
- Build and manage a continuous experiment pipeline to iterate on audience, creative (both ad + landing page), and channel strategies to unlock new opportunities and incremental improvements on existing campaigns
- Raise the creative bar, working with design as an expert in your channels to incorporate channel best practices, using experience and competitive research to inform approaches
- Measure and report on the performance of growth campaigns against internal targets (which you will set yourself) and competitor benchmarks (where available).
- Extract quantitative and qualitative insights to inform campaign strategy and share insights with other internal teams
- Set OKRs and hold quarterly / annual business reviews with executive stakeholders
- Report on program budget and ROI, and build business cases for increased investments where you can identify and validate new growth opportunities
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- 4+ years experience generating demand for technology products or services, ideally in the B2B/enterprise space
- Expert using various channels (Google Ads, LinkedIn, GDN, SEO / content marketing, email, in-product) and tools (SEMrush, Moz, GSC, etc) to move prospects through the buying journey and generate revenue
- Deep understanding of tracking and attribution (Google Analytics, GTM) with excellent analytical skills; able to craft actionable insights from complex data
- Mastery of hypothesis-guided optimization and A/B testing best practices; can build and prioritize a pipeline of ideas against finite resources
- Good design sense and experience partnering with internal and external creative partners on asset development
- Can thrive autonomously with sound judgment in a self-serve, ambiguous environment to build stakeholder relationships and ensure success of the program
- Biased towards speed - understands the opportunity costs of over documenting and over engineering campaigns in a fast paced, high growth startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to influence at all levels and match the audience / context
- Technical background building ML models, experience marketing AI products, or a passion for AI technology
- Experience with website CMS, landing page, and personalization platforms
- Advanced reporting capabilities (Tableau, Google Data Studio or others)
- Design and media editing skills (Figma, Adobe Suite, Canva)
Nice to have:
Don’t meet every qualification? We encourage strong applicants to apply - we are looking for the right people, not just checking a box.
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $80,000 - $120,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.