San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 16, 2021
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Office Manager Role
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Office Manager to support our rapidly growing company. This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of the office operations and you will also be instrumental in helping to build our company culture. We're looking for an energetic and organized person who excels at tackling new challenges on a daily basis. The environment at Hive is dynamic, fast-paced, and energetic – each day will be different and exciting!
- Keep our headquarters running smoothly and all of our team members happy; keep the office immaculate: clean, organized, stocked, and ready to create great things
- Ensure employee happiness with their work environment, especially for meals catering and office maintenance (twice daily catering, weekly snack orders, office supplies, and misc. office needs)
- Work with our People Ops team to plan and coordinate activities and events (e.g., team outings, company parties, in-office events, etc.)
- Assist in a variety of HR needs, including benefits administration, immigration, and compliance
- Support with calendaring, email, and travel of the CEO
- Serve as facility manager for our SF office with 50+ employees (and growing!)
- Manage vendors and contractors: planning for, purchasing, and upkeep of workstations, furniture, and employee supplies
- Act as primary liaison between the company and office building management (e.g. repairs, building code compliance, etc.)
- Own space planning, including frequent seating rearrangements; assist with build-out of expansion office space
- Facilitate office physical/equipment access and security awareness
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- BA / BS degree
- You have 0-2 years of work experience in a professional setting
- Desire to work in a fast-paced global environment
- Regardless of how big or small the task, you approach it with energy and enthusiasm
- You keep calm under pressure. When something doesn’t go as planned, you can keep your cool and find a solution
- You love to learn! Whether it be a new way of doing an old task, or a new skill entirely, you are excited about broadening your expertise
- Organization is your key to success
- Do-whatever-it-takes attitude
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $50,000 - $65,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.