Corporate Affairs Associate
The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Corporate Affairs Associate will assist the legal, business, and regulatory affairs of the Company, working directly with The Boring Company’s Head of Legal Affairs and other principals. As a Corporate Affairs Associate, you will problem-solve from the ground up (and down). You must be highly adaptable, excited about high-level strategic thinking, but not be afraid to get dirty (literally. You may get mud on you).
- Assist with development of ongoing and future projects, including Vegas Loop, our rapidly expanding transportation system
- Conduct research on a wide range of business and legal issues
- Support the dealmaking process from start to finish, e.g., from structuring the business model to negotiating the contract
- Create systems so that Legal Department procedures and documentation are scalable as the Company expands
- Help review and negotiate contracts
- Help draft and manage Company policies, agreement templates, process documents, playbooks and other forms
- Manage filings to government agencies and courts
- Assist with on-the-ground operations, compliance, real estate, and other matters
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of pre-law, business, engineering, or relevant technical discipline
- 1+ years of experience managing complex projects
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Excellent grades and strong record of academic achievement
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.