Supply Chain Manager
The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships, negotiate contracts and pricing, act as primary point of contact for key suppliers
- Manage the development and implementation of supply chain, production inventory, and other key tunneling functions
- Work directly with engineers and project managers to develop efficient, cost-effective solutions to a variety of logistical, construction, and material planning challenges
- Research and deliver recommendations on a variety of operations subjects including equipment acquisition, inventory management, logistics planning, and more
- Manage a team of inventory and operations specialists
- Maintain & improve key operations processes, including fleet management, daily production tracking, and more
- Critically review existing operational processes to develop and implement systemwide and task-specific improvements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective time management and multitasking skills, addresses all tasks with a sense of urgency
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Word and Excel
- Ability to execute tasks independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to identify problems and quickly implement solutions
- Experience designing, testing, implementing, and monitoring operations processes
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.