Shipping & Receiving Clerk
The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Oversee day-to-day receiving and storage of company equipment and materials
- Communicate directly with engineers and purchasing to alert end users of time-critical deliveries
- Critically analyze existing shipping, receiving, and logistics processes to make detailed recommendations on process improvements and efficiencies for immediate implementation
- Maintain general awareness of inbound/outbound freight, serving as the main responsible party for awareness of on-hand materials and supplies
- Proactively alert team to low counts of regular stock materials to maintain shop inventory
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with inventory systems
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience working in a high-volume production environment
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.