The Boring Company
IT, People & HR
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a Boring Company Technical Recruiter, you will help build a world-class recruiting program charged with identifying, attracting, and hiring top talent. You will source, screen, interview, and onboard entry-level and executive candidates and will interact with engineers and trade workers both located domestically and abroad. In many cases, you are candidates’ first encounter with The Boring Company and it is your job to represent the company with professionalism, pride, and enthusiasm. This position requires a high degree of autonomy and someone who can take initiative, take responsibility, and run with tasks to completion.
***Applicants must be willing to be on-site in Las Vegas as there is no hybrid/remote option for this role.***
- Meet with your client groups to discuss headcount, new requisitions, job postings, hiring strategy, and/or interview feedback
- Ability to use creative Sourcing Techniques to identify and close top Mechanical, Electrical, & Software Engineers
- Discuss candidates you have screened with your client groups and recommend top candidates for interviews
- Once candidates are approved for hire, you will begin the HR onboarding process including initiating background checks, completing reference checks, negotiating offer packages including extending offer letters, and issuing new hire paperwork
- Identify problems and recommend/implement solutions
- Train managers and employees on recruiting and interviewing best practices
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience as an in-house recruiter
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience working under OFCCP rules
- Experience with in-house recruiting
- Experience recruiting electrical, mechanical and software engineers
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent within their respective fields
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting methods: cold calling candidates and companies, organizing and executing ad hoc networking events, identifying industry experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, creating unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with hiring managers including Director and VP level technical leaders
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to accurately present but not oversell candidates to client groups; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent but avoid dictating client decisions
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters. Applicants must be willing to be on-site as there is no hybrid/remote option for this role.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.