The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Project Documents: Review and maintain the latest project construction documents and coordinate work between design, fabrication, and construction teams.
- Construction Exhibits: Prepare construction exhibits from satellite or floor plan views related exhibits including site layout and phasing diagrams.
- Cost Estimation: Utilize historical cost information to prepare internal estimates and identify value engineering solutions.
- Bid Preparation: Conduct quantity takeoffs, review project plans and specifications, develop unit costs, and solicit/negotiate prices from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Client Proposals: Prepare proposal information for clients and maintain conformed drawing sets on a cloud platform.
- Subcontractor Coordination: Solicit and maintain communication with subcontractors and vendors, prepare subcontractor bid packages, and transmit addenda and bid-related information.
- Value Engineering: Offer value engineering ideas for every bid to optimize project costs.
- Subcontractor Management: Award subcontracts in a timely manner, ensure subs are aligned with the project schedule, and provide them with comprehensive project information.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or a related field
- 2-5 years of construction coordination experience, including exhibit preparation, engineering coordination, take-offs, and estimating.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- 3D coordination experience in Navisworks or Revit
- Civil construction experience
- Strong project coordination background
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.