Being a small business owner is risky, and sadly the market is under-served when it comes to insurance. 40% of small businesses don't even have insurance. The insurance carrier with the largest market share servicing these businesses only has 6% market share and is (actually) 100 years old. We're changing that. Our DNA is problem solving and building, and our founding team combines serial entrepreneurs with a proven track record in the insurtech industry.
What will you do at Temelpa?
- You'll build features from the database up to the frontend. You’ll own individual features and build them from the database queries up to the frontend code. You will work closely with engineering, design, and product to develop the requirements & iterate on the software.
- You'll ship frequently as we iterate on the product. There's a lot of stuff we need to build! We're also probably not going to get features right the first time, so we're going to need to iterate quickly.
- You'll delete and refactor a lot of code. It’s important to write code and ship, but it’s also important to remove code and make the codebase easier to work on. At Temelpa, we care about making sure the codebase is well structured and as simple as possible so we can stay motivated and not feel drained after a day’s worth of work.
- You'll set the tone for engineering at Temelpa. As an early engineer at Temelpa, we will be looking to you to help realize our vision when it comes to engineering. You'll get to have a lot of say in engineering practices and how the software is architected.
- You're a hacker. You have substantial experience building nontrivial applications. You're passionate about the craft of engineering and want to be on a team where people feel the same. We do not require a college degree.
- You're comfortable sharing drafts, getting feedback, and iterating. You have experience working closely with others and changing course based on feedback.
- You’re scrappy. You know what it takes to ship high-quality production software, but you’re also happy taking judicious shortcuts and even deliberately incurring tech debt to get the job done.
- You know your way around building code. You have 2+ years of shipping code that other people use.
Benefits and Perks
- A culture that is kind, hardworking, and supportive.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend.