Temelpa (don’t worry, our actual company name is easier to pronounce :)) is a diverse and experienced team of problem solvers who believe that insurance makes small business possible, and so insurance should be made better. We offer the first insurance policy for small business that is underwritten in real time using data, delivered through a fully digital experience, and only charges business owners exactly what they need.
Although you’ll be the first Product Manager at Temelpa, you’ll be entering a 5-person engineering organization that has been building our MVP for the past 5 months. You will be responsible for leading this core team of engineers to build amazing products that serve small business owners. You will have the opportunity to own a specific vertical within our product offering based on your skillset, interest, and Temelpa’s business needs. You will define and evolve our end-to-end product vision, strategy, and execution to meet ambitious company goals. Yes, there’s a ton to do :)
Our company is founded and managed by a team with a product-led DNA, and we’ve developed insurance technology products in the past. We want a product manager who listens to as many customers as possible and constantly repriotizes the functional requirements based on the evolving needs of the customer. You'll need to be comfortable sharing drafts, getting feedback, and iterating.
How You'll Contribute:
- Own multiple parts of the product roadmap, priorities and execution.
- Be the key bridge between engineering and sales/marketing as you effectively manage our epics and features through to deploy.
- Prioritize constantly speaking with product users and stakeholders.
- Deliver incredible products and experiences by combining a deep understanding of business strategy with creative product strategy and technical acumen.
- You'll ship frequently as we iterate on the product. There's a lot of stuff we need to build and figure out. We're also probably not going to get features right the first time, so we're going to need to iterate quickly.
- Leverage data and customer feedback to constantly iterate and evolve product offerings.
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and processes that allow Temelpa to grow the product management function at various stages of our growth.
- Travel to meet users wherever they are and learn from them in their natural environment.
Who You Are:
- +4 years of product management experience at an early-stage startup (Series A - Series C).
- Comfortable moving very fast and working directly with engineering, design, and management.
- Experience building products from ideation to launch. Demonstrated ability to lead and influence small teams of engineers towards a common goal.
- Comfortable combing through data to drive product decisions.
- Experience thinking from first principles when it comes to building novel and differentiated product experiences.
- Experience evaluating product decisions and prioritization trade-offs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits and Perks:
- A culture that is kind, hardworking, and supportive.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend.