Laboratory Associate, Clinical Operations
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Synthego is enabling genome engineering at scale with a blend of scientific instrumentation, industrial automation, and data science. Our team of scientists and engineers are putting multidisciplinary fields together to solve problems that no one field can tackle alone.
We are searching for motivated, enthusiastic, and hands-on individuals interested in advancing science through the manufacturing of our CRISPR regulated products. As a Lab Associate at Synthego, you will join our growing Clinical operations team and have direct responsibility for the synthesis and purification of our sgRNA products in the Research Use Only factory and GMP factory. This role requires a strong attention to detail, a desire to learn and adapt to new processes, and familiarity with safe laboratory practices. This role will combine hands-on laboratory protocols with advanced automation to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products to our customers.
Leveling is based on experience and will be assessed during the interview process.
Swing Shift (2:30pm - 11:00pm) - Sunday - Thursday
For the first week of employment, the training for this position will be conducted from Monday to Friday, from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm. After the completion of training, you will work the hours and days of the week for which you were hired.
What You'll Do
- Synthesize RUO and Clinical grade oligonucleotides by following established SOP’s
- Practice continuous improvement by contributing ideas and suggestions to new and existing processes
- Operate complex robotic systems to manage liquid product through a highly automated workflow
- Execute batch production records or protocols independently, efficiently, and in compliance with site and quality management system requirements.
- Handle chemical solutions.
- Print labels for bottles, vials, and boxes
- Package, seal, inventory, and ship products
- Ensure laboratory products and supplies are maintained and stocked
- Capture production data in compliance with site and quality management system requirements
- Collaborate with Supply chain, Quality Assurance, Warehouse, and other cross-functional teams to meet deadlines
- AA in Chemistry, Biotech Certification, or relevant work experience
- 1-3 years of industry experience within the manufacturing/production environment
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Great communication skills and able to work with various personalities
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, as well as a strong commitment to quality
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and as part of a team, to meet departmental goals
- Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods up to four (4) hours at a time
Company Perks & Benefits
- Generous equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Program
- Subsidized catered lunches and dinners with fully stocked kitchen & snacks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.