Quality Control Analyst - Environmental Monitoring
IT, Quality Assurance
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
The Quality Control Analyst will join our Quality team to be a key player in all scientific and documentation aspects of product development, release, stability, and investigations in support of maintaining and improving processes within the CRISPRevolution Production Team at Synthego.
Shift available: Monday – Friday, 4:00pm – 12:30am OR Tuesday – Saturday, 4:00pm – 12:30am
What You'll Do
- Perform automated and manual assays as detailed in established SOPs and QC test method procedures, including raw material, in-process and finished product.
- Conduct QC testing with a variety of analytical techniques such as LC/MS, HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, Endotoxin, Raman spectroscopy, PCR, and NGS.
- Interpret test results against specifications to support material dispositioning.
- Perform testing for product stability, environmental monitoring, endotoxins, and bioburden as required.
- Maintain complete and accurate production records in conformance with GMP and FDA requirements.
- Support routine preventive maintenance, general troubleshooting, general cleanliness and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Support internal and external customer inquiries and requests as relevant to product quality and integrity.
- Trend EM and QC data results.
- Update departmental SOPs and QC test procedures.
- Order required laboratory supplies, reagents and other consumables.
- Monitor proper storage conditions and expiration dates.
- Dispose of hazardous and biohazardous materials.
- Maintain samples in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepare QC test samples required for QC functional testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or equivalent technical field.
- 1+ years in a regulated Quality Control or similar role with working knowledge of cGMP.
- Be able to analyze, understand and effectively communicate technical material.
- Be able to organize and prioritize tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Relevant combinations of education, experience, certifications, and merit may be considered upon management review.
Nice to Have
- Experience working on a QC team supporting 24/7 production activities.
- Industry experience on QC team(s) supporting the implementation of environmental monitoring (EM) and microbiological testing for in-process and final product release.
Company Perks & Benefits
- Generous equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program
- Subsidized catered lunches or dinners with fully stocked kitchen & snacks
- Onsite gym
- Daily shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.