Inside Sales Specialist (East)
Sales & Business Development
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
The Inside Sales Specialist position is responsible for the execution of the critical business function of identifying, developing and growing the company’s target customer base with a focus on the academic and nonprofit sectors. This is accomplished by explaining the Synthego value proposition to inbound leads and gaining commitment to buy and secure order, primarily over email and phone. This is a hands-on, individual contributor role requiring active outbound sales and prospecting efforts. The Inside Sales Specialist reports directly to the Regional Manager and works remotely. This is a great opportunity to develop your sales career.
What You’ll Do
- Focus and own revenue growth, with the goal of establishing Synthego as the primary supplier for genome editing products and services
- Own, drive and close the entire sales cycle end-to-end
- Respond to inbound requests from scientists to determine their needs and help Synthego provide the best products and services
- Reach out to target customers to understand their challenges to see if our products or services can help
- Demonstrate/sell value to key stakeholders within the accounts
- Generate short-term results while maintaining a long-term perspective to improve overall revenue generation
- Exceed quarterly sales targets by driving new opportunities and selling new products into existing accounts
- Track all opportunity and customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Travel time up to 10%
- Validated quota achiever in an Account Development role or similar (top 10% in your company)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Driven to be successful in a sales career
- Knowledge of molecular and cellular biology in order to understand the details of our customers' research
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience working as a bench scientist or researcher in the drug discovery space
- Hands-on experience with CRISPR or genome engineering / SynBio products/services
- Advanced degree in a Life Science field
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
See more open positions at Synthego
Something looks off?