Lead Product Designer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
This role will sit within our Applications team and is responsible for delivering and maintaining our flagship product. Our customers love Street Context and use it every day to find timely opportunities to provide value to their customers. We’ve tailored Street Context to meet the unique demands of our customers and industry; placing a premium on providing a great user experience.
As a key part of the larger Product Development team, you’ll work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to achieve goals for our business and our users. You’ll work with your team to define problems, explore opportunities, and create software that is thoughtful and easy to use.
We operate out of our downtown Toronto office with a hybrid workplace model.
What You’ll Do At Street Context
- Set a strategic design vision for your team and take stakeholders through wireframes, flow diagrams, interface designs, and mockups.
- Define your problem space through continuous discovery and exploration, crafting a deep understanding of customer and business needs in your domain.
- Communicate timely design insights, translating them into actionable recommendations that inform the product strategy.
- Use qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand our users and share your findings with the team.
- Ensure your team is delivering a consistent, thoughtful, and thorough user experience with all of the work they release.
We’re Looking For Someone Who
- Is an expert practitioner in their design craft, bringing relevant experience with web SaaS products, and is capable of delivering thoughtful polished experiences.
- Understands how design, product, and engineering can partner together to quickly ship high-quality experiences at scale.
- Brings next level communication and collaboration skills.
- Deeply understands the strategic direction and vision for their working area and ensures all UX efforts are aligned with that direction.
- Can lead research studies and has the curiosity to dig into customer pain points and come out the other end with beautiful solutions and engaging experiences.
- Showcases mastery of the tools needed for their craft (we use Figma, FigJam, Confluence/Jira and a few others) and knows which tool to use and when.
It's A Bonus If
- You have worked in a startup focused on enterprise software.
- You have experience working with or within the capital markets.
Why Street Context?
- Become an owner - we offer stock options for most positions
- Work/life balance - we provide time off, plus the entire company takes a week off during the holidays to rest up
- Grow your skillset - in addition to internal mentorship and growth opportunities, access a healthy budget for learning and development
- Great benefits - our comprehensive benefits starting on day one, no waiting
- Other perks - we help cover mobile phone expenses, home office setups, and more
Street Context is on a mission to build more efficient capital markets. We're developing technology that provides highly scalable sources of customer insights for investment banks, brokerages, and independent research providers. We provide our customers with insights that enable them to pinpoint revenue opportunities, build client intel, and anticipate the needs of the market.
We take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. We work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrate our accomplishments together. If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Context.
Street Context is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity and gender expression, receipt of public assistance, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation.
To that end, Street Context is committed to making our recruitment processes as accessible as possible including providing accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process as required. Upon request, Street Context will consult with applicants to provide or arrange for suitable accommodation.