Cloud Engineering Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Cloud Engineering Manager to lead us through the next evolution of our Street Context platform, ensuring our platform remains resilient and stable as we scale and further invest in reducing our delivery cycle-time.
In this role, you will work closely with the development, operations, and security teams to ensure that our systems are scalable, secure, and available to meet the demands of our customers. This is a people-manager role, which includes responsibilities such as professional development planning, performance management, and compensation reviews. We operate out of our downtown Toronto office with a hybrid workplace model.
- Lead a team of Cloud Engineers, providing technical guidance and coaching.
- Manage, develop and refine the processes that bring external visibility and internal focus to the daily activities of the Cloud Engineering Team.
- Manage and monitor production systems to ensure high availability and performance.
- Manage and refine the Production Support process and On-Call schedule, in collaboration with other engineering teams, to maintain our low MTTR.
- Balance the emergent needs of external teams with the technical initiatives of the Cloud Engineering Team.
- Prioritize and manage major Cloud Engineering initiatives.
- Partner with product delivery teams to enable them to manage the observability, scalability, security, cost, and performance of their services.
- Automate deployment and management of applications using AWS services and tools.
- Monitor and evolve our approach to Release and Change Management.
- Advocate for the technical and managerial needs of the Cloud Engineering Team within the R&D Leadership group.
- Managed teams using common industry methodologies.
- Clear communicator.
- Strong experience with AWS, with an emphasis on the following services: SQS, Kinesis, RDS, Lambda, ECS
- Was a hands-on contributor and has led incident response teams from initial response through to post-mortem.
- Experience with JVM-based processes and containers, containerization technologies such as Docker, Terraform, CI/CD and release management tools.
Why Street Context?
- Become an owner - we offer stock options for most positions
- Work/life balance - we provide time off, plus the entire company takes a week off during the holidays to rest up
- Grow your skillset - in addition to internal mentorship and growth opportunities, access a healthy budget for learning and development
- Great benefits - our comprehensive benefits starting on day one, no waiting
- Other perks - we help cover mobile phone expenses, home office setups, and more
Street Context is on a mission to build more efficient capital markets. We're developing technology that provides highly scalable sources of customer insights for investment banks, brokerages, and independent research providers. We provide our customers with insights that enable them to pinpoint revenue opportunities, build client intel, and anticipate the needs of the market.
We take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. We work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrate our accomplishments together.
If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Context.
Street Context is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity and gender expression, receipt of public assistance, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation.
To that end, Street Context is committed to making our recruitment processes as accessible as possible including providing accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process as required. Upon request, Street Context will consult with applicants to provide or arrange for suitable accommodation.