Senior Director, Marketing
WE ARE STARFACE
Starface World is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
Starface World is a positively uplifting place where everyone is safe & accepted exactly as they are. We support causes and do our own work in the world to help build a better, more supportive universe. The same thinking applies to the way we care for skin: we don’t identify flaws or imperfections, we just nurture what’s there—it’s perfect because it’s all just skin.
Our team is a small (but growing) group of committed individuals who are passionate, empathetic, creative, and eager to learn. We are committed to a sustained focus on diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
your impact @ starface
Reporting to Starface’s Chief Marketing Officer, our Senior Director of Marketing will help build the global brand for the future, driving brand awareness, market share, and overall revenue growth and profitability. In this role, you’ll own the expansion of our brand across all channels of distribution both domestically and internationally, while preserving and enhancing brand equity.
You’ll serve as a key driver in supporting the development and execution of an omnichannel marketing strategy and all aspects of Starface’s marketing initiatives, including brand marketing and growth marketing. The ideal candidate will lead the creation and delivery of fully-integrated marketing programs across retail and direct to consumer channels and own communications and go-to-market strategy to ensure maximum impact, efficiency and alignment across all company functions. At Starface we pride ourselves on being cultural leaders and not followers, and this role will be charged with differentiating the Starface brand in crowded categories.
At Starface, we’re caring, joyful, bold, and resilient. We love quirky people who defy convention and welcome an attitude of exploration into the bold and creative both in our marketing efforts externally and internally. If all of this resonates with you so far, keep reading!
we’ll count on you to
- Strengthen the brand across all critical elements including brand positioning, brand architecture, messaging, and product experience - to have a clear, differentiated, and impactful point of view
- Work closely with our CMO,and with cross-functional organizational leadership to develop and drive 360° marketing strategy
- In close collaboration with our CMO and leadership team, lead, develop, and grow Brand marketing, Growth, Paid Media, DTC, Retail marketing, and eCommerce teams to develop and execute cohesive, successful marketing strategies; ensure organic and paid marketing initiatives are in sync, supporting each other, and driving ROI
- Effectively work cross-functionally to ensure success of all product launches and brand initiatives
- Manage a multimillion-dollar marketing budget: leverage financial and analytical rigor to optimize marketing efforts and identify proper measurement models/KPI’s that allows our executive team to prioritize, allocate, and evaluate use of resources effectively
- Research, analyze, and keep a strong pulse on economic trends, competitors, buying habits and the demographic characteristics of our customers, their tastes and preferences utilizing social listening, focus groups, consumer surveys, and other available data points
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of our customer and community: improve our customer feedback loop, and utilize insights to identify opportunities and inform decision making
- Lead the development and implementation of Impact at Starface
we’re looking for someone with
- 8+ years of marketing leadership experience for a high growth consumer products, fashion or lifestyle business; experience working with creative-driven brands
- Product-focused marketing background with expertise in marketing within a crowded market; experience with retail marketing a huge plus
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives within deadlines
- High emotional intelligence, low ego, and self-awareness, which encourages positive energy, passion, and fun throughout the organization (leading with a “yes, and” mindset when making decisions)
- Experience targeting multiple demographics and geographies with sophisticated market segmentation models and creating relevant marketing programs
- Strong pulse on current market trends and “cool-factor”
- Entrepreneurial spirit; a scrappy and fun spirited attitude
- Excitement for the process of collaborating creative teams to bring best in class, unprecedented visions to life
- Creative and detail-oriented problem solving skills -
- Quirky and convention-defying mindset
- Embodiment of our core values: joyful, resilient, bold, and caring
SALARY & BENEFITS
- The compensation range for this role is a $160,000-$190,000 base salary depending on level of experience, and includes bonus eligibility and company stock options.
- Additional benefits include:
- Access to high-quality health care options
- Access to a 401k with 5% employer match
- 4 weeks of vacation plus 17 paid holidays
- Home office stipend
- Fully remote work environment
Starface is an Equal Opportunity Employer where the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Starface is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.