Software Engineer (Application Support)
Are you ready for the best destination of your career?
Spotnana is modernizing the infrastructure of the $1.4 trillion travel industry in order to bring freedom, simplicity, and trust to travelers everywhere. With over $115M in funding from top tier investors, including ICONIQ and Madrona Venture Group, we are tackling the hardest problems the travel industry has to offer and we need your help.
Culture is always fluid. It evolves as a business grows, along with the people who drive it forward. We seek people who have different perspectives, but shared values. Before you embark on this journey, quickly check in on whether you are aligned with our company values:
- Obsessed with Customer Needs: We earn the trust and loyalty of our customers by solving their problems.
- Do the Impossible: We solve tough problems through innovation and are inspired by unprecedented challenges.
- Build Globally, Serve Locally: We embrace a global mindset and celebrate diversity as we serve customers around the world.
- Act Like Owners: We constantly find problems to solve. Decisions are not made in isolation. We work hard, work smart, and work together.
- Constantly Change, Learn & Evolve: We flourish by adapting quickly to new challenges and by learning from everyone around us. Building something new is not always glamorous work. Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and evolve.
- Respect Above All: We are humble and treat others with the same respect we desire for ourselves. Our work culture is a safe environment where everyone is open to feedback and new ideas.
What you'll own
- Work within the Support team to resolve complex issues and escalations, partnering with Engineering, QA and Product as necessary
- Provide technical support to strategic Spotnana customers and partners, both electronically and via telephone for technical platform issues, who range from experienced developers to non-technical executives
- Triage, log, and monitor all problems including those assigned to other teams when they require a different level of technical aptitude
- Become a trusted advisor to select customers, embedded as part of the implementation team providing solutions, work-arounds, best practices and helping remove blockers to usage and adoption among the customers’ end-users
- Perform technical collaboration with our engineering team for further troubleshooting, bug fixes, or workarounds, as necessary
- Work side-by-side with Customer Success Managers and Travel Operations to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction
Experience to bring with you
- 8+ years of experience in a customer-facing support function
- Experienced in at least one programming language, preferably have solid knowledge about web technologies like HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with corporate travel management solutions and/or related back-end systems, like Sabre, is preferred
- Experience troubleshooting issues related to, for example, SSO, user provisioning via SFTP and API, and systems integration
- Ideally have already gained experience with database systems or SQL
- Experience using Kibana or similar to interpret real-time application monitoring and alerting based on various metrics and logs, including using log data to troubleshoot issues
- Experience with major Cloud Platforms, such as AWS
- Goal-oriented, independent and structured approach to the analysis and solution of complex problems in virtual and cloud-based environments
- Must be customer service oriented – empathetic, responsive, patient, and conscientious
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with the team and with customers
- English proficiency
Let’s talk compensation
Spotnana strives to offer fair, industry-competitive and equitable compensation. Our approach holistically assesses total compensation, including cash, company equity and comprehensive benefits. Our market-based compensation approach uses data from trusted third party compensation sources to set salary ranges that are thoughtful and consistent with the role, industry, company size, and internal equity of our team. Each employee is paid within the minimum and maximum of their position’s compensation range based on their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related specifications.
We care for the people who make everything possible - our benefits offerings include:
- Equity in the form of stock options which provides partial ownership in the company so you can share in the success of the company as it grows
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical for self, spouse, children and parents, Free doctor consultations, Employee assistance program effective on your hire date.
- 18 Privilege leaves, 12 casual/sick leave days per year in additional to 12 company holidays, 4 company recharge/wellness days and an end of year company shutdown
- Up to 26 weeks of Parental Leave
- Monthly cell phone / internet stipend
- Meal allowance
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance to new joiners
- Employee retirement planning such as corporate NPS and EPF
- Corporate Udemy license to all employees to access variety of learning programs
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.