Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Are you ready for the best destination of your career?
Spotnana is modernizing the infrastructure of the $1.4 trillion travel industry in order to bring freedom, simplicity, and trust to travelers everywhere. With over $115M in funding from top tier investors, including ICONIQ and Madrona Venture Group, we are tackling the hardest problems the travel industry has to offer and we need your help.
Culture is always fluid. It evolves as a business grows, along with the people who drive it forward. We seek people who have different perspectives, but shared values. Before you embark on this journey, quickly check in on whether you are aligned with our company values:
- Obsessed with Customer Needs: We earn the trust and loyalty of our customers by solving their problems.
- Do the Impossible: We solve tough problems through innovation and are inspired by unprecedented challenges.
- Build Globally, Serve Locally: We embrace a global mindset and celebrate diversity as we serve customers around the world.
- Act Like Owners: We constantly find problems to solve. Decisions are not made in isolation. We work hard, work smart, and work together.
- Constantly Change, Learn & Evolve: We flourish by adapting quickly to new challenges and by learning from everyone around us. Building something new is not always glamorous work. Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and evolve.
- Respect Above All: We are humble and treat others with the same respect we desire for ourselves. Our work culture is a safe environment where everyone is open to feedback and new ideas.
How you’ll make an impact
Spotnana is searching for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing global SRE team.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining secure and compliant systems for our Travel as a service platform. Your expertise will be essential in collaborating closely with software engineering, operations, and infrastructure teams to build and manage highly secure and available systems to ensure the high reliability, scalability, and resilience of our platform.
What you’ll own:
- Design, implement, and maintain secure and highly performant systems on cloud platforms that support our applications and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that new systems are designed for reliability, operability, and maintainability
- Drive automation initiatives to streamline deployment, configuration management, monitoring, and scaling processes.
- Implement and manage effective monitoring, alerting, and logging solutions to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Participate in on-call rotations to provide rapid response to production incidents and outages.
- Continuously analyze system performance and identify areas for improvement, implementing solutions to enhance reliability and performance.
- Contribute to incident post-mortems and help drive improvements to prevent similar issues in the future.
- Work closely with development teams to provide guidance on building software that meets SRE best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies in site reliability engineering and cloud infrastructure.
Experience to bring with you
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5 years of experience in site reliability engineering, systems administration, or a similar role
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- Strong experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and container orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes). AWS solution architect certification is a big plus
- Solid understanding of networking, infrastructure architecture, and distributed systems principles
- Experience with monitoring and observability tooling such as Datadog, NewRelic, ELK stack
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude toward identifying and addressing potential issues
- Relevant certifications such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Google Professional DevOps Engineer, or similar, are advantageous
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams. Experience with incident response, on-call rotations, and post-incident analysis is a must
- Ability to work in an open office environment in a hybrid structure in Palo Alto, CA - This is not a remote-eligible role
At Spotnana, we don't just work hard; we have a blast doing it! We're a fast-moving company, always ready to capture inbound customer interest and tackle big challenges head-on. Join our team and be a part of the thrilling journey to revolutionize the industry and shape the future of transportation. Get ready to put on your cape and soar to new heights in the world of software engineering!
Note: Spotnana is proud to be an API-first company, leading the charge in delivering innovative solutions that shape the future of transportation.
Let’s talk compensation
Spotnana strives to offer fair, industry-competitive and equitable compensation. Our approach holistically assesses total compensation, including cash, company equity and comprehensive benefits. Our market-based compensation approach uses data from trusted third party compensation sources to set salary ranges that are thoughtful and consistent with the role, industry, company size, and internal equity of our team. Each employee is paid within the minimum and maximum of their position’s compensation range based on their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related specifications.
The annual cash compensation for this role is: $180,000 - $205,000
We care for the people who make everything possible - our benefits offerings include:
- Equity in the form of stock options which provides partial ownership in the company so you can share in the success of the company as it grows
- Pre-tax and ROTH 401(k) options via Fidelity with up to a 4% company match
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability effective on your hire date. We cover 100% of your employee premiums and 85% of your eligible dependents
- Pre-tax flexible spending account options for health, dependent care and commuter expenses
- 20 vacation days per year in additional to 10 company holidays, 4 company recharge/wellness days and an end of year company shutdown
- Up to 26 weeks of Parental Leave
- Monthly cell phone / internet stipend
- Additional benefits including access to RocketLawyer’s online legal platform, International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN) membership, Pet Insurance through Fetch, Financial Wellness through Origin and SoFi, EAP through Mutual of Omaha, The Calm app through Kaiser, pre-tax parking/transit program and more.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.