Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Are you ready for the best destination of your career?
Spotnana is modernizing the infrastructure of the $1.4 trillion travel industry in order to bring freedom, simplicity, and trust to travelers everywhere. With over $115M in funding from top tier investors, including ICONIQ and Madrona Venture Group, we are tackling the hardest problems the travel industry has to offer and we need your help.
Culture is always fluid. It evolves as a business grows, along with the people who drive it forward. We seek people who have different perspectives, but shared values. Before you embark on this journey, quickly check in on whether you are aligned with our company values:
- Obsessed with Customer Needs: We earn the trust and loyalty of our customers by solving their problems.
- Do the Impossible: We solve tough problems through innovation and are inspired by unprecedented challenges.
- Build Globally, Serve Locally: We embrace a global mindset and celebrate diversity as we serve customers around the world.
- Act Like Owners: We constantly find problems to solve. Decisions are not made in isolation. We work hard, work smart, and work together.
- Constantly Change, Learn & Evolve: We flourish by adapting quickly to new challenges and by learning from everyone around us. Building something new is not always glamorous work. Roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and evolve.
- Respect Above All: We are humble and treat others with the same respect we desire for ourselves. Our work culture is a safe environment where everyone is open to feedback and new ideas.
How you’ll make an impact
You will be working across the entire Spotnana stack, creating and maintaining new products and experiences for our customers. You will have the opportunity to learn and push the frontier of providing the best travel software experience to help companies grow. You’ll be encouraged to be metric and data-driven and to think creatively to help Spotnana scale. We’re looking for engineers with a track record of working on complex technical mobile projects with many moving pieces. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a direct business impact and shape our long-term technical vision with a high-quality bar.
What you’ll own
- Define and own parts of product architecture to deliver excellent user experiences
- Architect and own efficient and reusable frontend code that drives complex web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and backend engineers
- Communicate effectively with cross-team stakeholders and technical leadership
- Produce highly reliable and performant code with appropriate monitoring and alerting
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Implement high-quality testable components, along with devtest frameworks as needed
- Own quality and reliability of the product by getting hands on with code and design reviews and debugging complex issues
- Influence and establish best engineering practices; Provide technical mentorship
Experience to bring with you
- B. Tech/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout and accessibility
- Knowledge of mobile app development from development to build to publishing in store(s)
- Experience with APIs and optimizing frontend performance
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications, push notifications
- Experience with constant refactoring for re-usability and testability, for building scalable, optimized and performant applications
- Proactive approach, results-oriented mindset, and ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Let’s talk compensation
Spotnana strives to offer fair, industry-competitive and equitable compensation. Our approach holistically assesses total compensation, including cash, company equity and comprehensive benefits. Our market-based compensation approach uses data from trusted third party compensation sources to set salary ranges that are thoughtful and consistent with the role, industry, company size, and internal equity of our team. Each employee is paid within the minimum and maximum of their position’s compensation range based on their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related specifications.
The annual cash compensation for this role is: $180,000-$200,000
We care for the people who make everything possible - our benefits offerings include:
- Equity in the form of stock options which provides partial ownership in the company so you can share in the success of the company as it grows
- Pre-tax and ROTH 401(k) options via Fidelity with up to a 4% company match
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability effective on your hire date. We cover 100% of your employee premiums and 85% of your eligible dependents
- Pre-tax flexible spending account options for health, dependent care and commuter expenses
- 20 vacation days per year in additional to 10 company holidays, 4 company recharge/wellness days and an end of year company shutdown
- Up to 26 weeks of Parental Leave
- Monthly cell phone / internet stipend
- Additional benefits including access to RocketLawyer’s online legal platform, International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN) membership, Pet Insurance through Fetch, Financial Wellness through Origin and SoFi, EAP through Mutual of Omaha, The Calm app through Kaiser, pre-tax parking/transit program and more
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.