Manufacturing Training Specialist
We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced trainer to join our team and play a vital role in developing and delivering training programs that equip our manufacturing/plant workforce with the skills and knowledge they need to excel. As a Trainer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering impactful training programs, ensuring our employees have the knowledge and skills to excel in their roles.You will be a critical partner in ensuring our employees are not only productive but also safe and compliant with all regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and Deliver Training Programs: Design, implement, and manage engaging training programs for new hires, existing staff, contractors, and management to enhance their skills and knowledge in all aspects of manufacturing and plant operations.
- Conduct training needs and assessments: Identify gaps in knowledge and skills through various methods, including performance evaluations, feedback, and assessments.
- Create compelling training materials: Develop training manuals, presentations, videos, e-learning modules, and other resources that effectively communicate complex information in a clear and concise way.
- Deliver training sessions: Conduct training in both classroom and on-the-job settings, ensuring all employees receive the necessary knowledge and skills to perform their jobs safely and efficiently.
- Coordinate training logistics: Schedule sessions, arrange venues, materials, and equipment, ensuring everything runs smoothly.
- Monitor training effectiveness: Gather feedback, conduct evaluations, and analyze metrics to continuously improve training programs.
- Support on-the-job training: Collaborate with supervisors and team leaders to provide effective on-the-job training experiences.
- Stay updated with industry trends: Continuously research and learn about new technologies, methodologies, and best practices in the manufacturing industry to ensure training programs stay relevant.
- Ensure regulatory compliance: Guarantee all training programs comply with safety regulations, quality standards, and company policies.
- Document training activities: Maintain accurate records of training activities, attendance, and evaluations for future reference and compliance purposes.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in training and development, preferably within a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (manufacturing, engineering, education, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to design, develop, and deliver engaging and effective training programs.
- Solid knowledge of relevant safety regulations and quality standards within the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time during training sessions and while conducting on the job training.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends or evenings, to accommodate the training needs of employees working different shifts.
- Adhere to safety regulations and wearing appropriate PPE when necessary.
- Move items up to 50 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment and carts
- Reaching high and low places while setting up control room classrooms, or while completing on-the-job training.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Climb structures using stairs and fixed ladders to high elevations.
- Precise and repetitive handling of a range of material quantities
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
The starting base pay for this role is between $78,000 and $99,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.