We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
You are a detail oriented technician looking to join our Production Team in the Operations division of our Moses Lake Plant.
The role requires you to operate production tools using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to prepare, synthesize, sample and transfer material into designated containers. You will work during your shift to verify that all production material made meets the defined quality specifications. This role is instrumental in ensuring that the Production Team meets and exceeds its production targets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for preparing material and operating production equipment
- Visually inspect and ensure material meets quality specifications
- Accurately enter data into tracking system
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts
- Be a flexible, collaborative and driven team member that communicates well and fosters a positive working environment
- Consistent on-time and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Work to continually assess and improve processes
- Able to work overtime, as required by the on-shift supervisor
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of demonstrated, consistent operating technician work experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Able to perform data collection/computer entry and basic math
- Prioritize safety at all times and report safety concerns/incidents
- Perform tasks with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated good verbal and written skills
- Collaborative, dependable, positive team player
- Develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships, be flexible and adjust quickly to change, able to work independently, is self-motivated
- Pass and obtain forklift certification for routine operation
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection on a daily basis
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, clean room garments, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Move items up to 50 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment and carts
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Reach low shelves or items on the floor
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Precise and repetitive handling of a range of material quantities
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
The starting base pay for this role is between $29/hr and $37/hr at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, and equity. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for overtime.
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.