Corporate Accounting Manager
We are Sila, a next-generation battery materials company. Our mission is to power the world’s transition to clean energy. To create this future, our team is building a better lithium-ion battery from the inside out today. We engineer and manufacture ground-breaking battery materials that significantly increase the energy density of batteries, while reducing their size and weight. The result? Smaller more powerful batteries that can unlock innovation in consumer devices and accelerate the mass adoption of electric cars to eliminate our dependence on fossil fuels. We're tackling one of the biggest challenges of our time every day, and together we're redefining what's possible. Are you ready to be a part of a team committed to changing the world?
Who You Are
The Corporate Accounting Manager provides leadership and oversight over Corporate GL Accounting, including period closing processes, as well as management of Sila’s centralized Payroll Accounting and Accounts Payables teams. They will be critical in ensuring proper, efficient and effective financial and accounting operations and will play a key role in the automation of processes, while formalizing and supporting corporate governance through internal controls as we transition from a single-site, R&D scale operation into a multi-entity, commercial manufacturing company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leadership and Oversight: Provide strong leadership and oversight to the Corporate/Consolidated GL Accounting, Payroll Accounting, and Accounts Payables teams, fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment
- Period-end Corporate Accounting Close & Consolidation - Lead and manage daily accounting activities and period-end close processes, to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting. Ensure that we record, categorize, allocate, review, reconcile and consolidate financial information promptly across the entire organization, including the consolidation and elimination of intercompany impacts across multiple locations/sites and legal entities
- Promote Financial Operations Process Efficiency: Supervise and continuously improve all G/L accounting, payroll accounting, and accounts payable processes and activities to track the effectiveness of our Corporate financial operations. Continually find better ways of operating, including month end close, financial data tracking, intracompany consolidation and eliminations, payroll accounting processing, and accounts payable management
- Financial Systems: Assist in the implementation of new or improved financial systems and processes if needed that can support a global, large-scale, capital intensive, high-growth manufacturer
- Financial Controls, Compliance & Governance: Support and monitor financial corporate controls over the financial period close process. Identify risks; suggest or implement new or improved controls to mitigate them. Oversee key controls related to the accuracy of financial information, financial policy compliance, and improve corporate governance
- Team Development and Partnership: Provide guidance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities to team members, fostering their growth and success. Work in conjunction with the People, Legal, Data Systems, FP&A, Treasury, Site/Cost Accounting and Financial Reporting teams
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- BS or BBA in an analytical business field (Finance, Accounting, Economics)
- Advanced degrees (Masters in Accounting or MBA) or CPA preferred
- Proven experience (5-8 years) with a corporate accounting background. Must have at least 2-3 years of accounting leadership and supervision experience in an accounting department
- Strong understanding of internal controls, financial reporting, and accounting standards.
- Proficiency in mid to large-scale ERP accounting software and financial systems.
- People-oriented. Track record of leadership and mentoring new team members. Excellent communication, leadership, and team management skills.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic, evolving business environment.
- Curious and hands-on. Irrepressible desire to dig into details and deeply understand all aspects of a process or system
- Pragmatic. Demonstrated ability to create financial order while minimizing overhead and bureaucracy
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
The starting base pay for this role is between $124,000 and $157,000 at the time of posting. The actual base pay depends on many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. Base pay is only one part of Sila’s competitive Total Rewards package that can include benefits, perks, equity, and bonuses. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. #LI-FM1 #LI-Hybrid
Working at Sila
We believe that building a diverse team at Sila helps us amplify our individual talents. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment where good ideas are free to come from anyone. We are proud to celebrate diversity and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other status protected by law.