Staff, Data Analyst - Data as a Service
IT, Data Science
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Data Analyst to join our Data as a Service (DAAS) team. The team’s goal is to leverage the data and insights that our marketplace generates to enable companies across the alcohol and beverage industry to achieve their business goals. This is a 0 to 1 product for Provi and we are a scrappy, customer-oriented, and data-driven team.
Do you want to empower innovative changes with data? If using tools like SQL, Tableau, and Python to solve challenging problems is your idea of fun, then keep reading. We have a modern tech stack that uses DBT, Snowflake, and Tableau.
- End-to-end ownership of the data architecture and infrastructure that powers our DAAS product for clients.
- Development of alerting and data quality controls to ensure that data presented to clients is of the highest fidelity.
- Design and develop externally facing modules that solve specific use cases for clients in a scalable and efficient manner.
- Build out advanced insights tools that enable sophisticated and automated analysis for non-technical clients. This could include leveraging cluster analysis, propensity scoring, generative AI models, or other ML techniques.
- Be a strategic partner with the product, analytics, and business team ensuring that we are in alignment on product and business strategy.
What we hope to see in your experience:
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role with 3+ years of experience working in a data-oriented programming language (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Scala, etc.),
- Advance proficiency in Tableau and data transformation tools (e.g. DBT).
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new analytical tools and apply them in innovative ways.
- A strong communicator who is adept at explaining complex topics to non-technical audiences and can develop and deepen strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders. You have experience partnering closely with executive leadership and external customers.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process. You connect the dots across business needs and independently drive projects forward.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a SAAS or DAAS business
- Experience with online marketplaces and online advertising
- Experience with k-means clustering, propensity modeling, and other ML techniques
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. But guess what? No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Trust your experience and apply!
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.