Staff Product Designer
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
We are seeking a Staff Product Designer to join our marketplace design team in working to build the simplest way for businesses to buy and sell in the beverage industry. As a customer-focused creative leader, you will design and deliver B2B marketplace experiences at broad scale. You will balance simple solutions with long-term vision as you collaborate with other designers, teammates, and stakeholders. You will help identify opportunities and solve problems in a rapidly growing marketplace that connects retailers, distributors, and suppliers.
- Lead the definition of retailer (B2B) experiences for browsing, shopping, and purchasing alcoholic beverages, using established eCommerce principles and paradigms as well as innovating for our unique space.
- Produce high quality deliverables (user flows, mockups, etc.) for presentation to and use by your team, to ensure a cohesive end to end experience and clarity of expectations for launch.
- Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new experiences and projects with product management and engineering counterparts.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and other partner teams to ensure that designs are feasible, scalable, and meet business requirements.
- Refine designs by considering data, feedback, research, experiment results and other inputs.
- Evaluate designs via research methods, such as survey, user interviews, and usability studies
- Consider the full ecosystem of our platforms and the connection to the tools & teams powering both web and mobile experiences.
- Be both a teacher and student within the product design team, to help the team as a whole continue to improve. Help facilitate and maintain our team dynamic: open, encouraging, and productive.
- Above all, strive to make the Provi team, business, and product great.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the design industry, ideally with an eCommerce or shopping focus
- An online portfolio demonstrating experience creating great design solutions for eCommerce and/or B2B across desktop and mobile devices
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior leaders outside of design as well as working collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Fluency in best practices for research, information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Comfort with ambiguity and the grit to turn uncertainty into action
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. But guess what? No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Trust your experience and apply!
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at SevenFifty
Something looks off?