Sr. Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
Provi is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our growing Analytics team. Do you love to make an impact with data? If using tools like SQL, Tableau and Python to solve challenging problems is your idea of fun, then keep reading. We have a modern tech stack that uses DBT, Snowflake and Tableau.
What this role will do:
- Be a strategic partner for Product and Business teams: Own a domain end-to-end, understand the business problems, define and monitor key metrics, identify opportunities and drive conversations around where to invest engineering resources
- Measure business performance, develop core metrics and create dashboards to track and understand them
- Identify data and metrics and analyze needs for business partners Initiate, develop and maintain data pipelines and data models that powers dashboards and data products with outstanding craftsmanship
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to design and run A/B tests
- Communicate the state of business, experiments results and recommendations to a broad team and senior leadership
- Build scalable automation solutions utilizing SQL, DBT, Tableau, and other tools
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role with 3+ years of experience working with Tableau
- A strong communicator who can develop and deepen strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders. You have experience partnering closely with executive leadership, with a proven track record of influencing strategic decisions through data.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process. You connect the dots across business needs and independently drive projects forward.
- A senior analytics professional with extensive experience across data wrangling, analysis, reporting, and visualization.
- Advance proficiency in SQL and data transformation tools (e.g. DBT)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics or related field or equivalent experience.
Preferred but not required
- Experience with Github
- Experience with Data/analytics engineering tools such as DBT
- Relational databases; Snowflake, Redshift, Google Big Query,
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. But guess what? No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Trust your experience and apply!
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at SevenFifty
Something looks off?