Senior Manager, Supply Chain
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Reporting to the VP, Technical Operations and CMC, we are seeking a Senior Manager, Supply Chain to help grow our Tech Ops team. The Senior Manager will be a member of the TechOps / CMC leadership team and will be responsible for oversight of supply chain activities between Senti Bio CDMOs, and clinical sites. The Senior manager will also be expected to develop supply chain business processes with both internal and external stakeholders, manage inventory levels, and develop supply chain strategies that align with development and manufacturing strategies. . This role will develop, maintain, and improve planning tools, models, processes, systems, reports, data management and data outputs to ensure that various functional areas have the information they need to plan their activities. This role will regularly coordinate with Technical Operations, Clinical Operations, Project Management Office, Finance, external third parties and other key personnel in functional areas as assigned to ensure the supply chain plan is feasible and supports the overall product plans of Senti Bio. This role will also identify, analyze, and solve various operational problems including development of a risk register with risk mitigation options.
- Oversight of supply chain activities between Senti Bio, CDMOs and clinical sites including supply chain mapping
- Develop and facilitate supply & demand planning process within Senti between CMC and other functions
- Provide input into supply plans and manufacturing scenarios to support development and manufacturing strategy
- Conduct inventory tracking, establish data repository, and manage flow of GMP drug product lots, research / process development batches and critical materials/reagents
- Coordination of cold chain logistics and shipments between Senti, CDMOs and clinical sites including any requirements for international shipments and customs
- Conduct risk analysis and implement risk mitigation strategies to safeguard Senti supply chain
- Support secondary packaging and labeling for clinical supply as needed
- Conduct mock shipments and plan for future shipping validation studies
- Maintain database of shipments including documentation and temperature trends
- Forecast and develop budgets and ensure adherence to budget
- Monitor and track supply chain activities/performance, generate metrics/ KPIs, and presentation of materials for internal stakeholder review.
- Bachelor of Science and 8+ years’ experience in supply chain and cold chain logistics of biologics required
- Understanding of biologics drug manufacturing (especially gene and cell therapy), regulatory requirements and international customs importation requirements
- Experience of clinical supply chain planning, inventory management, data management, chain of identity/custody, etc.
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements is a must.
- Leadership skills with a track record of delivering on established goals & objectives
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary stakeholders and senior management.
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation for this role includes base salary, annual target bonus and equity
- The base salary range for this role is $149,000 - 170,000. Starting pay is determined by multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education and experience level, benchmark, and internal parity
- Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
- Empathetic, supportive and collaborative colleagues and work environments
Senti Bio is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: SNTI) gene circuit company headquartered in South San Francisco. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases using novel and unprecedented approaches.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.