Second Front Systems
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Second Front Systems (2F) is seeking a motivated Product Manager to support our Game Warden team. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. The work will be dynamic and wide-ranging supporting Engineering leadership and Program Management in the deployment and scale of our current product, Game Warden, and potential future product developments.
Note: This position requires U.S. citizenship due to government contract requirements.
What You’ll Do:
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the technical aspects of Game Warden and other future products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including the Engineering, Design, Research, Customer Operations, Program Management, Growth and others to ensure products and features are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of stakeholders and customers.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Maintain product backlog: Work with cross-functional teams to define the technical requirements for the product. Including creating user stories, acceptance criteria, wireframes, and prototypes, as well as collaborating with engineers to ensure technical feasibility. Prioritize backlog based on product strategy and inputs from both internal and external stakeholders
- Managing the development process: Oversee the product development process to ensure the product is developed to specification and delivered on time. This may include managing agile development sprints, tracking progress, and communicating with stakeholders about status updates.
- Collaborating with designers: Work with designers to turn feature requests and product requirements into wireframes, workflows, and designs. Conduct design reviews with engineers and functional stakeholders and ensure diverse technical and functional feedback is incorporated in the designs prior to ticketing work
- Collaborating with stakeholders: Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the product is aligned with the company's overall business strategy. This may involve presenting product updates to senior executives, working with marketing teams to develop product messaging, and collaborating with sales teams to develop go-to-market strategies.
- Executing product strategy: Work closely with stakeholders to understand and execute a product strategy that aligns with the company's overall business goals. This may include conducting market research, analyzing customer needs and preferences, and collaborating with engineers to identify technical requirements.
- Creating product roadmaps: Contribute to and maintain a product roadmap that outlines the product's development and release schedule. This may involve setting deadlines, prioritizing features, and determining milestones.
- Tracking product performance: Track key product metrics, such as user engagement and revenue, to evaluate the product's performance and make data-driven decisions about future development.
Skills You’ll Bring to Our Team:
- Proven experience in a Product Manager role at a early stage company (preferably B2B SaaS or PaaS)
- Experience working directly with users to write detailed, outcome based user stories and leading research spikes/prototype development
- Hands-on involvement leading two-week sprints
- Familiarity with ticketing and roadmap tools to plan/manage projects, epics, stories and tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment Intimacy driving projects from inception to execution in an ambiguous environment
- Strong interest in matters of national security
- Exposure with Agile Development methodologies
- Hands on experience with Gitlab, Markdown and MkDocs
Success at 2F Looks Like:
- Viewing obstacles as opportunities for growth
- Having a bias toward action and tangible, measurable results
- Striving to be both compassionate and direct with your feedback
- Being team-oriented and inclusive with your actions
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Healthcare, vision and dental coverage401(k) + 3% company contribution
- Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
- Equity incentive planTech + office supplies stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
- Parental leave
- Work from anywhere
- Referral Bonus
- Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.