Cybersecurity Assessment Engineer
Second Front Systems
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
*** WE ARE NOT OPEN TO WORKING WITH AGENCIES AT THIS TIME***
Second Front Systems (2F) is seeking a motivated Cybersecurity Assessment Engineer to support our team. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. The work will be dynamic and wide-ranging with cybersecurity, DevSecOps, and cloud infrastructure roles supporting the deployment and scale of our Game Warden platform and future product offerings.
As a Cybersecurity Assessment Engineer at Second Front Systems, you will help ensure that Game Warden maintains a strong security posture. You will work hand-in-hand with the DevOps Engineering and Customer Success teams to oversee the software vulnerability scanning process, review vulnerability scan results, assist the customers in understanding those results, and make approval recommendations for vulnerabilities that can't be immediately resolved. This role will require learning new things like researching identified vulnerabilities, assessing risk, solving big problems, speaking your mind, and contributing to a culture of diversity, innovation, and excellence. This role is key to the security of our cloud platform and of the customer applications running on it.
Note: This position requires U.S. citizenship due to government contract requirements.
- Coordinate activities with the Principal Security Engineer, Platform team, and Customer Operations team
- Review Vulnerability Scans of customer developed applications and provide customer feedback
- Review customer vulnerability waiver requests and recommend appropriate actions to approver
- Act as the primary contact for the cybersecurity team to software development teams
- Assist with incident response plans to respond to application outages or downtime
- US Citizen
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of DevSecOps tools and software development
- Ability to create and implement incident response plans
- Background in cybersecurity and understanding of vulnerability risk analysis
- Knowledge of AWS or Google cloud services
- Ability to attain DOD 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT II within 6 months of hire date
- Experience solving complex, ambiguous and sometimes ill-defined problems
- Extensive experience with Department of Defense
- DevSecOps practices, policies, and security
- Ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance
- Experience with Docker, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Anchore, or other container scanning tools
- Scripting experience (bash/python/etc.)
This role is full-time. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers transforming the future of U.S. national security. We hire the best to do their best and, as such, we are committed to providing the perks and benefits you need to be successful—both in- and outside the workplace.
We offer you:
100% Healthcare, vision and dental coverage
401(k) + 3% company contribution
Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
Equity incentive plan
Tech + office supplies stipend
Annual professional development stipend
Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
Work from anywhere
Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.