Senior Software Engineer - Application Team
Second Front Systems
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
** We are not open to working with external agencies**
Second Front Systems’ (2F) Product team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our growing technical team. We are a small team working to accelerate the deployment of emerging technology into national security use-cases. We are seeking technical professionals who want to operate on the front lines of an exciting and disruptive mission.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the App team for Second Front Systems, we’ll expect you to develop and deliver high quality software. You’ll be empowered to collaborate with others to implement software that delivers unique capabilities for our commercial and government customers, including the Department of Defense, who are looking to accelerate the transition and adoption of innovative technologies for national defense.
We pride ourselves on working together as a team and delivering results. You’ll be expected to work cross functionally on a given set of features in a fast-paced agile environment. This includes collaboration with other engineers, DevOps, and product managers and product designers. As part of the role, you’ll be expected to establish benchmarks, outline key activities, and prioritize efforts across multiple initiatives and programs.
We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. If this type of effort interests you, come join us!
Note: This position requires U.S. citizenship due to government contract requirements.
- Work with a distributed team on both the front and back end of our cloud-based platform
- Agile development: writing, reviewing, maintaining, testing, and deploying code
- Develop integrations with other applications and systems within our cloud ecosystem
- Communicate with end-users, third-party partners, UX designers, product managers and company leadership to keep key stakeholders informed about the development of our cloud platform
- Participate in code reviews, mentor others, and evangelize best coding practices
- Design and implement architecture based on product and feature requirements
- Navigate and maintain productive and authentic relations with Second Front’s customers and cloud-operations, growth, and executive teams
- Significant Software Engineering experience with problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with the full product development lifecycle
- Proven ability to break down complex problems and discover, diagnose, and fix any bugs or issues
- Understanding of systems development concepts (i.e. REST APIs, Authentication, Event driven architectures)
- Strong understanding of microservices
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the team members in a remote environment
- Ability to adopt, create and iterate on changing procedures
- Passionate about the software engineering craft
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance
- Experience working and developing with the technologies we use preferred
- Experience working in a startup environment preferred
- Knowledge of DevSecOps tools and practices preferred
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
- Prevalent languages we use are: Golang, Rust, Typescript, and Python
- Object Storage(Google Cloud Storage/AWS S3), Relational Storage(Postgres, MySQL, RDS, Cloud SQL)
- CNCF tooling (Flux, ArgoCD, Tekton, etc)
SUCCESS AT 2F LOOKS LIKE
Viewing obstacles as opportunities for growth
Having a bias toward action and tangible, measurable results
Striving to be both compassionate and direct with your feedback
Being team-oriented and inclusive with your actions
Championing new features and taking accountability for their success
PERKS AND BENEFITS
This role is full-time. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers transforming the future of U.S. national security. We hire the best to do their best and, as such, we are committed to providing the perks and benefits you need to be successful—both in- and outside the workplace.
We offer you:
100% Healthcare, vision and dental coverage
401(k) + 3% company contribution
Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
Equity incentive plan
Tech + office supplies stipend
Annual professional development stipend
Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
Work from anywhere
Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.