Senior Technical Product Manager
Second Front Systems
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Second Front Systems (2F) is seeking a motivated Technical Product Manager to support our Platform team. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. The work will be dynamic and wide-ranging supporting Engineering leadership and Program Management in the deployment and scale of our current product, Game Warden, and future product developments like Game Warden Builder.
Note: This position requires U.S. citizenship due to government contract requirements.
What You’ll Do
As our first Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the technical aspects of Game Warden and other future products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including the Engineering, Customer Operations, Program Management, Growth and others , to ensure products and features are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of stakeholders and customers. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Developing product strategy: Work closely with stakeholders to develop a product strategy that aligns with the company's overall business goals. This may include conducting market research, analyzing customer needs and preferences, and collaborating with engineers to identify technical requirements.
- Creating product roadmaps: Create and maintain a product roadmap that outlines the product's development and release schedule. This may involve setting deadlines, prioritizing features, and determining milestones.
- Defining product requirements: Work with cross-functional teams to define the technical requirements for the product. This may include creating user stories, wireframes, and prototypes, as well as collaborating with engineers to ensure technical feasibility.
- Managing the development process: Oversee the development process to ensure the product is developed to specification and delivered on time. This may include managing agile development sprints, tracking progress, and communicating with stakeholders about status updates.
- Conducting user testing: Work with designers and engineers to conduct user testing to ensure the product meets customer needs and preferences. This may involve creating test plans, analyzing results, and making recommendations for product improvements.
- Collaborating with stakeholders: Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the product is aligned with the company's overall business strategy. This may involve presenting product updates to senior executives, working with marketing teams to develop product messaging, and collaborating with sales teams to develop go-to-market strategies.
- Tracking product performance: Track key product metrics, such as user engagement and revenue, to evaluate the product's performance and make data-driven decisions about future development.
- Proven experience in a Product Manager role at a high growth company (preferably B2B SaaS or PaaS)
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Experience creating detailed requirements, developing user stories and leading research spikes/prototype development
- Experience with GitLab and roadmap tools to plan/manage projects, epics, stories and tasks
- Technical experience (ability to effectively communicate with technical stakeholders)
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self starter
- Former experience as a Software Engineer strongly preferred
- Have a strong interest in matters of national security
Success at 2F Looks Like:
Viewing obstacles as opportunities for growth
Having a bias toward action and tangible, measurable results
Striving to be both compassionate and direct with your feedback
Being team-oriented and inclusive with your actions
Perks & Benefits
This role is full time. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers transforming the future of U.S. national security. We hire the best to do their best and, as such, we are committed to providing the perks and benefits you need to be successful—both in- and outside the workplace. We offer you:
100% Healthcare, vision and dental coverage
401(k) + 3% company contribution
Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
Equity incentive plan
Tech + office supplies stipend
Annual professional development stipend
Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
Work from anywhere
Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.
See more open positions at Second Front Systems
Something looks off?