Head of Growth
Rocketlane: Company Overview
Rocketlane is an exciting and fast-growing SaaS startup with a mission to deliver chaos-free, consistent, accelerated, and delightful B2B client project delivery across industries.
With its current focus on aiding B2B SaaS companies to simplify and deliver an impressive customer onboarding journey, the Company is fast emerging as a leader in the customer onboarding category. Rocketlane prides itself in enabling teams provide a delightful onboarding journey that holds customers accountable, shortens time-to-value, and helps begin expansion conversations earlier (increases NRR) right from the first touchpoint with customers.
The company was founded in April 2020 by second-time entrepreneur trio - Srikrishnan, Vignesh, and Deepak. Previously, the trio built a successful in-app messaging (FreshChat) startup that was acquired by Freshworks (NASDAQ: FRSH) in 2015. Within 6 months of product launch, the Company has been recognized as a Leader by G2 in the Category of Customer Onboarding due to the rapid early traction and customer love it has garnered globally from the likes of LinkSquares, ContractPodAI, Chargebee, parcelLab, Mosaic, Tevera, Jirav, etc. Rocketlane is now building a global and diverse workplace to empower passionate problem- solvers to innovate, collaborate, do their best work, and see the next phase of hyper-growth together.
The Company has raised $21M in capital (we rapped about it!) from global VCs such as 8VC, Nexus Venture Partners, Matrix Partners India, and super angels like Gokul Rajaram, Girish Mathrubootham, and Clark Valberg etc.
The Role: Head of Growth
The Head of Growth will report directly to Srikrishnan Ganesan, CEO and Co-founder. The Head of Growth will have a demonstrated track record of success working for high-performance and high-growth organizations. It is critical that this individual has been a part of scaling a rapidly growing business by driving new experiments, finding new channels of growth and owning the overall SQL and pipeline targets in high-velocity SMB, mid-market, and upto low-end enterprise markets, and managing a squad to successfully deliver on marketing campaigns and strategies. The role will require the individual to establish a performance-based culture while infusing an appropriate level of process and prioritization.
The Head of Growth will be a proven executive and a strategic business thinker who can build Rocketlane’s growth and scale the business to new levels of success. This individual will have a strong appreciation for an outcome-oriented approach, deeply understand customer needs & behavior, develop new customer insights, own and manage the strategies and execution around demand generation, and customer acquisition, to increase the customer base and build a culture of accountability in the team.
The Head of Growth will have a deep, insightful understanding of the US & worldwide SaaS market with a strong penchant to make data-driven decisions. This person will be hands-on as needed and proactively assume responsibilities and ownership, including the ability to project manage multiple tasks or experiments and provide relevant reporting.
Responsibilities of the Head of Growth
With a product that has accomplished a strong, early product-market fit, we’re looking to hire an exceptional, driven, and innovative growth leader with a hands-on approach. The Head of Growth will play a key role in crafting the right messaging, driving the right initiatives to help Rocketlane emerge as the default choice in its product category.
In this high-impact role, you'll get to:
- Work closely with Product Marketing to develop differentiated positioning, messaging, and a compelling narrative for Rocketlane’s value proposition for the SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers across target industries. The positioning and messaging will have to be across owned media, earned media, and paid media channels.
- Develop and execute strategic cross-channel experiments for demand generation by owning qualified audience growth across all stages of the funnel, in particular - acquisition, conversion, retargeting (i.e., the right platforms, with the right messaging, to the right audiences).
- Lead performance marketing to specifically grow the brand’s upper funnel by partnering with PR, Creative, & Content teams
- Be highly creative in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate at various stages of the funnel
- Proactively assess and optimize digital marketing mix in a quick-changing competitive landscape.
- Own the marketing tech stack and manage budget, co-lead the implementation, and derive new digital programs utilizing the new technology to its highest impact.
- Maintain and monitor key metrics across channels including budget pacing, LTV, CAC, ROI, etc.
- Monitor, measure and report effective benchmarks and performance of all marketing touch-points/campaigns, and assess them against goals (ROI and KPIs) and course-correct as conditions warrant.
- Craft compelling and cohesive customer acquisition and demand generation campaigns to generate a continual and qualified pipeline of prospects
- Create and execute go-to-market plans for new product capabilities to engage existing and prospective customers
- 7-10 years of experience in leading demand generation in high-growth B2B SaaS businesses.
- Ability to apply a good mix of strategic and analytical thinking, business acumen, high levels of marketing creativity, operational discipline, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in having a data-driven approach, optimizing for the right parameters on-the-go and having strong execution capabilities.
- Proven track record of building and leading cross-functional programs and teams respectively
- Proven ability to build geographically distributed marketing teams from the ground up that consistently deliver outstanding results
- Strong knowledge of relevant tools/technologies/marketing technologies across all media channels
- A proactive go-getter and capable of getting hands dirty and going from idea to execution and pushing the organization to change
The Head of Growth must bring intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team. This executive will be an extremely smart and dynamic individual with outstanding communication skills and a balanced ego. They will be someone who practices first-principles thinking and has a true passion for their craft. This person will be team-oriented, always focused on what’s right for the business, not just the individual or function. They will possess the ability to build deep relationships and earn the respect of team members and other teams. A strong, decisive, and action-oriented leadership style will be necessary, as this leader will make, communicate, and take accountability for timely decisions. The candidate must thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments and be able to get to the heart of issues rapidly and act decisively. The Head of Growth will be a strategic thinker who possesses exceptional interpersonal skills to share.