Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics
A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
For more information, visit www.resilience.com
The Senior Bioinformatics Scientist will play a critical role in the development of state-of-the-art assays, bioinformatics analysis, and workflows applied to cell and gene therapy. This position is essential for advancing the Research, Development, and Manufacturing initiatives throughout the entire Resilience network. With the growing emphasis on next-generation sequencing (NGS) techniques for actionable insights, this role is vital to the success of multiple key projects, including in the development of assays applied to cell and gene therapies as well as engineering better manufacturing systems.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of assay scientists, bioengineers, synthetic biologists, software engineers, and data scientists, among others.
- Design and implement NGS-centric experiments, analysis, workflows, and data pipelines to meet the analytical requirements of the research and development programs.
- Prepare and present technical reports and research findings to stakeholders, including senior management and external collaborators.
- Contribute to scientific publications and participate in relevant conferences to share research outcomes and network with peers in the industry.
- Drive innovation, keeping on top of the latest advancements in the fields of bioinformatics and engineering, and proactively identify opportunities to apply these innovations within Resilience.
- Proven expertise in leveraging bioinformatics for assay development towards research and clinical applications, with a focus on metagenomics, meta-transcriptomics, and clinical microbiology.
- Extensive, demonstrable experience in analyzing large and complex NGS datasets (RNASeq, variant calling, alignment, denovo assembly, single-cell technologies) for assay development, research, and/or clinical settings using short and long-read sequencing technologies.
- Excellent understanding of microorganism databases and toolkits, preferably related to clinical applications.
- Proficient in an object-oriented programming language like Python and/or functional programming languages like R and relevant packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally across various technical disciplines with multiple stakeholders, including management, peers, customers, and suppliers.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to contribute to multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- MSc. or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics, Microbiology, or related field. Typically expected industry experience of more than 5 years for a Senior/Staff Scientist with an MSc and 3 years with a PhD.
- Experience with GxP or clinical assays in healthcare settings and infection control is a plus.
- Experience in collaborating with external research groups and taking part in consortium efforts.
- Experience with strain engineering data analysis is a plus.
- Experience in Agile and/or Product Development Process (PDP).
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target annualized base pay hiring range for this position is $140,000.00 - $185,000.00. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.