VP of Finance
Reserv is a Series A-stage insurtech incubating cutting-edge AI and automation technology focused on bringing efficiency and simplicity to insurance claims by redefining claims adjusting. Founded by insurtech veterans with deep experience in SaaS and digital claims – and venture-backed by Bain Capital and Altai Ventures – Reserv began operations in May 2022 and has rapidly expanded.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated VP of Finance who will be responsible for developing, directing, and reporting on the company’s analytical, financial plans and policies.
You will report directly to the co-founder and CEO of Reserv to plan, develop, model, and execute on the financial direction of the company. As a key member of our growing finance team, you will also work closely with the cofounder and COO, controller, external accountants, strategy leads, commercial team, technical team, and claims leadership- this is definitely a role that requires cross-functional collaboration!
You will be an excellent fit for this role if you can:
- Alongside our controller, compliance team, and external partners (accountants, legal, auditors), manage the company’s internal finances and compliance with local and federal regulatory matters
- Partner with senior leaders to ensure the company hits revenue and budget targets
- Regularly prepare P&Ls for various organizations within Reserv to ensure that all functional leaders are kept abreast of relevant financials, and to this end, routinely plan and lead internal financial update meetings
- Own and drive key financial processes as part of strategic company-wide activities (e.g., fundraising rounds, potential M&A activity, etc.)
- Generate board- and investor-facing financials and other meeting materials to communicate Reserv’s financial performance
- Think creatively and outside the box: you’ll need to draw on your experience in analogous situations, but we are not traversing well-traveled roads. “Where we’re going, we don’t need roads!”