Claims Customer Experience Specialist
Reserv is an insurtech creating and incubating cutting-edge AI and automation technology to bring efficiency and simplicity to claims. Founded by insurtech veterans with deep experience in SaaS and digital claims, Reserv is venture-backed by Bain Capital and Altai Ventures and began operations in May 2022. We are focused on automating highly manual tasks to tackle long-standing problems in claims and set a new standard for TPAs, insurance technology providers, and adjusters alike.
We have ambitious (but attainable!) goals and need people who can work in an evolving environment. If building a leading TPA and the prospect of tackling the long-standing challenges in claims sounds exciting, we can’t wait to meet you.
About the role
As a Customer Experience Specialist at Reserv, you will be an integral part of our dedicated team focused on providing exceptional service to our customers during the insurance claims process. You will handle phone and chat inquiries, provide support, and ensure a smooth and positive experience for all involved parties as they navigate their claims journey. Your expertise in insurance and claims will enable you to deliver exceptional, empathetic assistance.
Who you are
- Highly motivated and growth-oriented. You're excited by the prospect of building a tech-driven claims org.
- Passionate CX professional who cares deeply about the customer and their experience.
- Empathetic. You exercise empathy and patience towards everyone you interact with.
- Sense of urgency at all times, balanced with the ability to be detail oriented. That does not mean working at all hours.
- Creative. You challenge existing assumptions and find creative solutions to problems.
- Curious. You want to know the whole story so you can make the right decisions early and be decisive when it counts.
- Anti-status quo. You don’t just wish things were done differently, you action on it.
- Communicative. You are comfortable with and understand the importance of phone communications throughout the claims process.
- And did we mention, a sense of humor.
What we need
We need you to do all the things typical to the role:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers, providing professional and compassionate assistance throughout the claims process via phone, email, and other communication channels
- Anticipate the customer needs and take action to manage the process to full resolution
- Provide guidance and information to customers regarding the claims process, taking any additional steps necessary for the prompt and accurate resolution of their claims
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of claim procedures to provide accurate and consistent information to customers
- Accurately record and update customer information, claim details, and related documentation in our internal systems, ensuring data integrity and adherence to company protocols
- Identify and address customer concerns, complaints, and disputes with empathy and professionalism
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to investigate and resolve complex issues, escalating matters when necessary to achieve timely resolutions
- Strive to exceed customer expectations by delivering exceptional service, actively listening to customer feedback, and proactively seeking ways to improve the customer experience
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of customer information at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor's degree or relevant insurance certifications are a plus
- Previous experience in customer service or a call center environment, preferably within the insurance industry, with a focus on claims; high volume, fast-paced
- Strong knowledge of insurance claims processes, terminology, and best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain complex concepts clearly and empathetically to customers
- Active listening skills to understand customer needs, concerns, and emotions, and respond appropriately
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities
- Proficiency in using customer relationship management (CRM) systems and other relevant software applications
- Empathy, patience, and resilience to handle challenging customer interactions with professionalism and composure
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines effectively
- Generous health-insurance package with nationwide coverage, vision, & dental
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Competitive PTO policy – we want our employees fresh, healthy, happy, and energized!
- Generous family leave policy
- Work from anywhere to facilitate your work life balance paired with frequent, regular corporate retreats to build team cohesion, reinforce culture, and have fun
- Your choice of Windows or Apple laptop, large second monitor, and other quality-of-life equipment you may want. Technology is something that should make your life easier, not harder!
At Reserv, we value diversity and believe that a variety of perspectives leads to innovation and success. We are actively seeking candidates who will bring unique perspectives and experiences to our team. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage those from underrepresented groups to apply. If you believe you are a good fit for this role, we would love to hear from you!